If you need customizable options – toppings, add ons, or special requests – create item modifiers. Modifiers applied to items will display on your customers’ digital and printed receipts, in Transactions in your online Dashboard, and in the Item Details report.
Note: Item modifiers can only be created from the online Square Dashboard, iPads, or Android devices.
Create Modifiers Online
- Go to Modifiers in your online Square Dashboard and click Create Modifier Set.
- Enter the modifier set details and click Save.
- From Modifiers, click “Apply Set to Items,” and select items to group in this set.
- Click “Apply to Items.”
Create Modifiers on an iPad
During item creation, you can create sets of modifiers.
- When creating an item, tap Create Modifier Set.
- Add the modifier set details.
- Hold and drag the three horizontal lines to the right of each option to rearrange the order.
- Click Save.
When creating or editing items, you can select all applicable modifier sets. A blue check mark denotes that a specific set is applied.
Create Modifiers on an Android Device
- Tap Items > Modifiers > Create Modifier Set.
- Add the modifier set name and select items to apply to this set.
- To allow only one modifier to be selected at the time of sale, toggle on “Customer must only select one option.” Leave this toggled off to allow for multiple modifiers.
- Enter the modifier options and price points.
- Tap Save.
Delete Modifier Sets
To delete modifier sets online:
- Visit Modifiers in your online Square Dashboard and click the modifier set you’d like to delete.
- Click the trash can icon at the bottom of the screen > Delete Modifier.
Note: If you’d like to delete an option in a modifier set, click the X icon next to the option.
To delete modifiers from the Square app on an iPad:
- Tap the + icon > Create Item and select the modifier set you’d like to delete.
- Scroll down and tap Delete Modifier Set > Confirm Delete.
To delete modifiers from the app on an Android device:
- Tap Modifiers and select the modifier set you’d like to delete.
- Tap Delete Modifier Set.
Note: Deleting a modifier set will remove it from all applicable items.