If you need customizable options – toppings, add ons, or special requests – create item modifiers. Modifiers applied to items will display on your customers' digital and printed receipts, on the Transactions tab of your online dashboard, and in the Item Details report.
Note: At this time, item modifiers can only be created from your online Square Dashboard, an iPad, or an Android device.
Create Modifiers Online
- Go to the Modifiers tab of your online Square Dashboard and select Create Modifier Set.
- Enter Modifier information and click Save.
- Add any new options and associated prices, and then click Save.
- Go back to the Modifiers tab, click "Apply Set to Items," and choose items that the modifier set applies to.
- When you're finished, click "Apply to Items."
Create Modifiers on an iPad
During item creation, you can create sets of modifiers.
- When creating an item, tap Create Modifier Set.
- Name the Modifier set and edit the options.
- Hold and drag the three horizontal lines to the right of each option to rearrange their order.
- When creating or editing items, you can select all applicable modifier sets. A blue check mark denotes that a specific set is applied. Make sure to save your changes.
Create Modifiers on an Android Device
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner.
- Tap Items > Modifiers > Create Modifier Set.
- Enter a name for the modifier set and select the items you'd like to apply this set to.
- To allow only one modifier to be selected, toggle "Customer must only select one option" to on. Leave this toggled off to allow for multiple modifiers.
- Enter the modifier options and their price points.
- Tap Save.
Delete Modifier Sets
Delete Modifiers Online
- From the Modifiers tab of your online Square Dashboard, click the modifier set you’d like to delete.
- Click the trash can icon at the bottom of the screen and then click Delete Modifier.
Note: If you'd like to delete an option in a modifier set, click the X icon to the right of the option.
Delete Modifiers In-App
From Square Register on the iPad:
- Tap the list icon on the bottom navigation bar to see your item library.
- Tap the + icon > Create Item, and select the modifier set you'd like to delete.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Delete Modifier Set > Confirm Delete.
From Square Register on an Android device:
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner and tap Items.
- Tap Modifiers and select the modifier set you'd like to delete.
- Tap Delete Modifier Set.
Note: Deleting a modifier set will remove it from all applicable items.