Create and Manage Item Modifiers
If you need customisable options – toppings, add-ons or special requests – create item modifiers. Modifiers that are applied to items will display on your customers’ digital receipts, from Transactions in your online Dashboard and in the Item Details report.
Create Item Modifiers Online
- From Items in your online Square Dashboard, click Modifiers > Create Modifier Set.
- Enter the modifier information > click Save.
From Item Library, you’ll see your modifier sets when creating and editing items. Tick the box next to the modifier set to apply it to an item.
Create Item Modifiers from the Square App
- Tap: to open the app menu.
- Tap Items > Modifiers > Create Modifier Set.
- Enter a name for the modifier set > select the items you’d like to apply it to.
- Toggle on Customer must only select one option to limit modifier selection at the time of sale. Leave this setting toggled off to allow multiple modifiers to be chosen.
- Enter the modifier options and their price points.
- Tap Save.
Delete Modifier Sets
From your online Dashboard:
- Visit Modifiers in your Square Dashboard, click the modifier set you’d like to delete.
- To delete the entire set, click the rubbish bin icon at the bottom of the screen > Delete Modifier.
- To delete an option in the modifier set, click the X icon to the right of the option.
From the Square app:
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner > Items.
- Tap Modifiers > select the modifier set to be deleted.
- Tap Delete Modifier Set.
You can customise the order in which your modifiers and modifier sets display in the Square app. Once you’ve customised your modifiers, your settings will sync across all devices signed in to your account.
- Tap to open the app menu.
- Tap Items > Modifiers.
- Tap and hold the three horizontal lines next to the modifier or modifier set you’d like to rearrange.
- Drag the modifier or modifier set to its desired place in the list.