Match Transfers to Sales
You can view your transfer details from your online Square Dashboard or the Square Point of Sale app. Review this quick guide to discover valuable transfer reporting tools.
Identify Payments Included in Transfers
From your Online Square Dashboard:
- Visit Balance > Transfer Reports in your online Square Dashboard.
- Use the date-selector tool at the top-left of the page to refine the date range of your transfer search. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector tool to see a full calendar view.
- Click on any transfer in the list to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the transfer was sent, and the individual card payments included in the transfer.
From your Square Point of Sale app:
- Tap Balance from the navigation bar.
- Tap Transfer Reports.
- Tap any transfer under the History section to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the transfer was sent, and the individual card payments included in the transfer.
If you’re reviewing a transfer and don’t see all of the payments you were expecting to receive for that day, these payments were most likely included in the following transfer. This can happen if payments were accepted after your daily transfer cut-off time.
Learn about our transfer schedule options and select the schedule that best meets your business needs.
Identify Online Store Payments in Your Transfers
When a customer places an order through your Online Store, the money is immediately deducted from their payment card and stays in your Square balance until you complete the order.
Online Store sales are reflected in Balance in your online Square Dashboard in the following two ways:
- Deferrals Held: Online orders that haven’t completed. These are pending funds and will be transferred to your linked bank account when the order has been marked as complete by you.
- Deferrals Released: Online orders that have completed. If an online order is mark as complete after your daily transfer cutoff time (for example after 5 pm PT on Thursday) funds are included in your next transfer and appear as Deferrals Released.
Download Your Transfer History
- From Balance > Transfer Reports in your online Square Dashboard, click the date-selector tool at the top-left corner to choose the date range you’d like to view.
- Click the location selector to filter your transfers by location.
- Click Export > Summary CSV at the top-right corner of the page.
A spreadsheet will download to your computer as a CSV file, which you can open with your preferred spreadsheet software.
Note: Transfer details aren’t available for transfers made before January 2012.
We also provide integration with different accounting softwares. Learn more about our accounting partners and how to integrate your Square account.
Create Transfer Tags
If you’re using the same bank account for multiple locations, use transfer tags to identify which location is linked to a specific transfer.
- Visit Locations in your online Square Dashboard, click a specific location.
- Enter a transfer tag under Bank Information.
- Click Save.
Can’t Find Transfers?
Payments accepted with Square are transferred directly to your linked bank account based on your transfer schedule.
You have three different options to receive your transfers, next-business-day, same-day transfer or instant transfers. We do not have transfer limits on our next-business-day transfer option and we won’t hold funds based on transaction type, amount, or frequency. You should always see your transfers arrive based off of your selected schedule.
If you can’t find a transfer, review the information below to make sure you’ve ruled out common issues:
Review your transfer schedule
- Depending on what day and time you took your payments, check your selected transfer schedule cutoff times. If payments were accepted after the day’s cutoff time, those payments will be sent in your next transfer.
- Transfers aren’t sent Fridays and Saturdays. You should receive payments accepted on Friday and Saturday on Monday morning.
- Most banks are closed on weekends and holidays, so transfers are usually delayed during these times.
Check your payments
- Make sure the payments you’re expecting have completed.
- Make sure all payments were processed as credit and not recorded as cash, check, or other tender. Money isn’t actually processed through Square with the cash, check, and other tender options.
- Offline Mode payments will be sent per your transfer schedule once they’ve been uploaded.
- Payments accepted with sign and tip on printed receipt will be transferred once they’ve been settled.
Check your Bank Account
- Check that your bank account is verified. If you take payments before linking your bank account, money will remain in your account balance until your bank is verified.
- Transfers from Square sent to your linked bank account can be identified by searching Square Inc in your bank statement. You can also create transfer tags to identify next business day transfers from Square. Note: Transfer tags will not display when using instant transfer. Instant transfers sent to your bank account will be described as SQC.
- Check if a transfer is pending. Pending transfers will complete and should arrive in the next 1-2 business days.
- Make sure your Square account isn’t linked to a closed bank account. Learn what to do if transfers were sent to a closed account.
- It can take a few business days for transfers to show up based on your bank’s processing speeds. Contact your bank to get information on their processing times.
If you are still having trouble locating your transfers, check your email to see if you’ve been contacted by Square. If you have, reply to that email. You’ll also want to double check your junk folder as some email filters may automatically sort out Square’s emails.