You can view your deposit details from your online Square Dashboard or the Square Point of Sale app. Review this quick guide to discover valuable deposit reporting tools.
|New to Square? Watch our free, two-part education series to learn everything you need to know.|
Identify Payments Included In Deposits
From the Deposits tab of your Dashboard:
- Use the date-selector tool at the top-left of the page to refine the date range of your deposit search. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector tool to see a full calendar view.
- Click on any deposit in the list to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the deposit was sent, and the individual card payments included in the deposit.
From your Square Point of Sale app:
- Select Reports from the navigation bar > tap Deposits.
- Tap any deposit from History section to to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the deposit was sent, and the individual card payments included in the deposit.
If you’re reviewing a deposit and don’t see all of the payments you were expecting to receive for that day, these payments were most likely included in the following deposit. This can happen if payments were accepted after your daily deposit cut-off time.
Learn about our deposit schedule options and select the schedule that best meets your business needs.
Identify Online Store Payments in Your Deposits
When a customer places an order through your Online Store, the money is immediately deducted from their payment card and stays in your Square balance until you complete the order.
Online Store sales are reflected in your Deposits Summary in the following two ways:
- Deferrals Held: Online orders that haven’t completed. These are pending funds and will be deposited to your linked bank account when the order has been marked as complete by you.
- Deferrals Released: Online orders that have completed. If an online order is mark as complete after your daily deposit cutoff time (for example after 5 pm PT on Thursday) funds are included in your next deposit and appear as Deferrals Released.
Download Your Deposit History
- From Deposits in your Dashboard, click the date-selector tool at the top-left corner to choose the date range you’d like to view.
- Click the location selector to filter your deposits by location.
- Click Export > Spreadsheet at the top-right corner of the page.
A spreadsheet will download to your computer as a CSV file, which you can open with your preferred spreadsheet software.
Note: Deposit details aren’t available for deposits made before January 2012.
We also provide integration with different accounting softwares. Learn more about our accounting partners and how to integrate your Square account.
Create Deposit Tags
If you’re using the same bank account for multiple locations, use deposit tags to identify which location is linked to a specific deposit.
- From Locations, click a specific location.
- Enter a deposit tag under Bank Information.
- Click Save.
Can’t Find Deposits?
Payments accepted with Square are deposited directly to your linked bank account based on your deposit schedule.
You have three different options to receive your deposits, next business day, Same-Day Deposit or instant deposits. Since we do not have deposit limits on our next business day deposit option and we won’t hold funds based on transaction type, amount or frequency you should always see your deposits arrive based on your selected schedule.
If you can’t find a deposit, review the information below to make sure you’ve ruled out common issues:
Review your deposit schedule
- Depending on what day and time you took your payments, check your selected deposit schedule cutoff times. If payments were accepted after the day’s cutoff time, those payments will be sent in your next deposit.
- Deposits aren’t sent Fridays and Saturdays. You should receive payments accepted on Friday and Saturday on Monday morning.
- Most banks are closed weekends and holidays, so deposits are usually delayed during these times.
Check your payments
- Make sure the payments you’re expecting have completed.
- Make sure all payments were processed as credit and not recorded as cash, check, or other tender. Money isn’t actually processed through Square with the cash, check, and other tender options.
- Offline Mode payments will be sent per your deposit schedule once they’ve been uploaded.
- Payments accepted with sign and tip on printed receipt will be deposited once they’ve been settled.
Check your Bank Account
- Check that your bank account is verified. If you take payments before linking your bank account, money will remain in your account balance until your bank is verified.
- Check if a deposit is pending. Pending deposits will complete and should arrive in the next 1-2 business days.
- Make sure your Square account isn’t linked to a closed bank account. Learn what to do if deposits were sent to a closed account.
- It can take a few business days for deposits to show up based on your bank’s processing speeds. Contact your bank to get information on their processing times.
If you are still having trouble locating your deposits, check your email to see if you’ve been contacted by Square. If you have, reply to that email. You’ll also want to double check your junk folder as some email filters may automatically sort out Square’s emails.