With Open Tickets, you can create, edit and save an order before completing a sale on your mobile device.
Turn On Open Tickets
- From the Square Point of Sale app, tap the following icon in the navigation bar:
- Tap Settings > Open Tickets.
- Tap Open Tickets and toggle the feature on.
If you use multiple devices with a single Square account, you can access any open ticket from any logged in device.
Create and Manage Open Tickets from the Square Register App
Create a new ticket before a sale
- Tap the keypad icon > tap Tickets.
- Tap New Ticket.
- Enter a ticket name, add an optional note and tap Save.
- Add items or custom amounts.
- Tap Save.
Create a new ticket during a sale
- Add items or custom amounts to the sale > tap Save.
- Tap New Ticket .
- Enter the ticket details and tap Save.
Edit or delete an open ticket
- Tap Tickets > locate and tap the ticket you’d like to update.
- Tap the arrow next to the ticket name > Edit Ticket > make your updates.
- Tap Save, or tap Delete > Confirm Delete.
Note: If you have a supported kitchen ticket printer, a new order ticket will print when new items are added to an open ticket.
Split Open Tickets on Tablets
If a party needs separate bills, you can split an open ticket on an iPad or Android tablet and charge customers individually. To split a ticket:
- Tap Tickets > select a ticket to open.
- Tap the arrow in the top-right corner > Split Ticket.
- Tap the item(s) you’d like to move to a new ticket > Split New Ticket. Repeat this for each new ticket.
- Tap Save at the bottom of each ticket, or Save All at the top-right corner.
Merge Open Tickets on iPads
Merge multiple tickets to one master open ticket on an iPad. To do so:
- Tap Tickets.
- Locate and tap a ticket name from the list.
- Tap the down arrow next to the ticket name > Merge Ticket.
- Select the ticket(s) to merge with > Merge.
- Select the master ticket that will display all the merged items.
- Tap Merge.
Print and Close an Open Ticket
When your customer is ready to pay, locate their open ticket and complete the sale.
- Tap Tickets > locate and tap the ticket to add it to the current sale.
- If you’re using a supported receipt printer and have ‘Receipts and Bills’ toggled on, you can print your customer’s ticket before settling the payment. To do so, tap the ticket name > Print Bill.
- Tap Charge > select a payment method > complete the sale.
Once an open ticket is closed, the completed payment can be viewed from your in-app payment activity or your online Square Dashboard, and funds will be sent to your linked bank account following your deposit schedule. Learn more about viewing your payment history.
Note: Payment card information isn’t stored within the app and won’t appear on printed receipts. You’ll need to close an open ticket and charge your customer when they’re ready to pay.
Reprint Order Ticket
To reprint an order from your open tickets:
- Select Tickets.
- Tap Edit.
- Select ticket to reprint > tap Reprint Ticket.