One of the great things about Square is that we only charge per transaction. We don’t charge you if you don’t use our service.
Once you’ve closed your account you won’t have access to your payment history. For your records, you may want to download your payment history before following the steps below to deactivate your account. Keep in mind if you have pending deposits, you won’t be able to deactivate your account until Square sends these funds to your linked bank account.
If you are still interested in deactivating your Square Point of Sale Account, you can do so right from your Square Dashboard.
- Sign into your Square Dashboard and select Account & Settings.
- From the Personal Information tab, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Select Deactivate Account.
- Select your reason for deactivation and click Continue.
- Enter the verification code.
- If you have 2-Step Verification on your account, you can use your authenticator app.
- If you do not have 2-Step Verification on your account, your verification code will be emailed to the email address associated with your Square Account.
- Confirm deactivation by selecting Deactivate.
Keep in mind, Square accounts are free and you’re welcome to create a new one at any time.