With Square’s Retail Point of Sale tools, you’re able to receive and manage inventory right from the app.
If you’d like to add stock right from the app:
- From the cart view, tap the lower left three-line icon.
- Tap Add Stock.
- Search or scan items to add stock > enter stock amounts. You can scan the same item numerous times to add multiple stock, or scan multiple items once and adjust their quantities afterward.
- Once all items have been added, tap Finish Adding Stock.
From the next screen, you’ll have the option to edit vendor and item information, create labels, and email a report.
To adjust stock levels from the Retail app:
- Enter the item name into the search bar.
- When the item appears in the drop down > tap More Info.
- Locate the In Store section > tap Adjust Stock.
- Enter the new stock number, select a reason, tap Save.
View Stock for Multiple Locations
If you have multiple locations enabled with your Square for Retail account, you’ll be able to view the current stock levels for all of your locations, directly from the app. To view inventory levels for a specific item, follow the steps below:
- In the Retail app, select an item by tapping the search bar > Inventory and searching the item name.
- Once you locate the item, tap More information.
- At the bottom of the item screen, you’ll see Other Locations, with your active locations and the current stock levels for that item.
When you select a specific location, you’ll be able to view details included in the location profile.