Manage Your Square for Retail Subscription
Whether you’re using Square for Retail Free or Square for Retail Plus, you can downgrade or unsubscribe at any time from your online Square Dashboard. Keep in mind, if you’re using Square for Retail Plus and choose to downgrade or unsubscribe, you will need to subscribe to Team Management separately.
Pause your Square for Retail subscription
You can pause all of your subscriptions to Square products. Similar to a cancellation, each pause is managed per individual subscription. To pause your Square for Retail subscription:
- From your online Square Dashboard, visit Account & Settings
- Click Business > Pricing & Subscriptions.
- Under Subscription Pricing, click Manage next to the appropriate subscription.
- Click Pause Subscription.
Note: You can pause for up to 3 months and unpause at any time. To learn more about pausing subscriptions, visit our Pause Subscription FAQs.
Unsubscribe from Square for Retail Without Losing Team Management
Follow these steps if you want to retain your Team Management subscription after unsubscribing from Square for Retail Plus.
To get started.
- Log in to Pricing & Services.
- Click Manage subscription next to the listing for Square for Retail Plus.
- Next, you’ll see the option to downgrade or unsubscribe from Square for Retail Plus and subscribe to Team Management for $35/month, per location.
- Click Confirm Unsubscribe > Done.
You’ll continue to have access to Square for Retail Plus until the end of the billing cycle. If you decide to reactivate your Square for Retail Plus account, you can resubscribe from your online Square Dashboard.
If you’d like to resubscribe to Square for Retail Free or Square for Retail Plus, you can reactivate your account at any time from your online Square Dashboard.
To get started:
- Login to your Square account online > navigate to Account & Settings.
- Under the Business heading, select Pricing and Subscriptions.
- Locate Square for Retail Free or Square for Retail Plus > click Subscribe.
When you reactivate your account, all of your previous inventory and vendor information will be available.