Watch the video below for an overview of the sales data available in your Square Dashboard:
View and Download Your Sales Summaries and Fees
- From your online Square Dashboard, visit Reports.
- Click the date-selector to refine a date range and then select a report to view. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector to see a full calendar view.
- Select All Day or Custom to specify a time period for your report in hours.
- To compare sales within the set date range by day, week, or month, click Summary > Daily, Weekly, or Monthly. Scroll down to view a sales summary comparison.
- Select All Locations or manually choose locations to review.
- Click Export to download a CSV file to your computer, which you can open using Microsoft Excel or another common spreadsheet program or financial software.
You can also connect to accounting and reporting services from the Square App Marketplace.
Download Your Transactions History
To see individual transactions from a specific time period, visit Transactions in your online Square Dashboard and follow steps 2-5 from the section above.
Search by Payment Card
You can also see the complete payment history for a specific card. To get started, you’ll need the last 4 digits of the card number.
- Complete steps 1-4 from the above section, “View and Download Your Sales Summaries and Fees.”
- In the “Search by card” field at the top-right, type in the last 4 digits to populate a list of transactions associated with this card.
Reports Available Online
|Reports Available Online||Report Summaries|
|Sales Summary||A general overview of sales from a given time period. The report includes itemization metrics like gross sales, refunds, net sales, discounts, tips, and taxes. It also includes payment metrics like total collected (revenue by tender type) and fees.|
|Sales Trends*||Compares your daily, weekly, and yearly gross sales.|
|Payment Methods||A summary of the total collected and any associated fees from credit, debit and gift cards, and any other tender types.|
|Item Sales||Shows details for all items sold including gross sales, net sales, SKUs, discounts, and total sold. Use advanced reporting options to display item sales by device, employee, or payment method. Note: Click an item in your report to see an item drilldown – specific sales info on that item and all its variations.|
|Category Sale||An overview of top grossing categories and the number of items sold within each category.|
|Discounts||A list of the top used discounts and total discount amounts collected.|
|Modifier Sales||A list of the top used modifiers in a given time period.|
|Taxes||An overview of how your tax rates are being used in a given time period, including taxable and non-taxable sales. You’ll need to create items with applied tax rates to track “taxable” sales in your reports. Note: “taxable sales” may not add up to the “total” tax collected because some sales and items may have multiple tax rates applied.|
|Transaction Status*||A list of any unprocessed transactions – declined cards, canceled payments, and other uncompleted transactions.|
|Gift Cards||Tracks everything related to your Square gift card activity.|
|Transactions||A list of individual transactions and transaction details from a given time period. Find this report in Transactions in your online dashboard.|
|Deposits||A list of individual deposits and the payments included in each deposit, along with your entire deposit history. View this report in Deposits in your online dashboard.|
|Cash Drawers||Tracks individual cash drawer sessions and your full cash drawer history. From your online dashboard, go to Cash Drawers to review this report.|
*These reports can’t be exported from the online dashboard at this time.
Note: You can also view your sales summaries from the app on your mobile device.
See all of your favorite reports in one place with Custom Reports in your online Square Dashboard. You can create customized, printer-friendly reports in minutes.
Note: The ability to export custom reports is not currently available, but this feature is coming soon.
Each Custom Report starts with Sales Summary details about your business, and from there you can add all of the reports you’d like to see. To add a new report, click Add Report at the bottom of the page. To remove a report, click the circled X in the upper-right corner.
You can add the following blocks to your Custom Reports:
- Key Statistics
- Sales Summary
- Payment Methods
- Item Sales
- Category Sales
- Employee Sales
- Modifier Sales
To create a Custom Report:
- From your online Square Dashboard, visit Reports.
- Click Create New Report.
- Name your report > add and remove blocks to customize it.
- Click Add Report to add additional blocks. Hover over each section to reveal options to filter or add/remove columns
- Click Save Changes.
Once your Custom Report has been created, use the date-selector to specify the date range for your report. The date range updated at any time, to provide new insights into your business.
Note: The ability to save the date/time filters to your Custom Reports is not currently available.
Delete a Test Transaction
There isn’t currently a way to delete a transaction, you can process a refund instead. It won’t remove the transaction from your history, but refunding the transaction will balance your books.