If you’re having trouble signing in to your Square account or resetting your password, the following tips can help you get back to taking payments.
Reset Your Password Online
- Visit squareup.com/password.
- Enter the email address associated with your Square account > click Send Instructions.
- Check your email – you’ll have a message in your inbox with the subject “Reset your Square Password.” If you can’t find the email, try these email notification troubleshooting steps.
- Open the email > click the Reset Password button.
- Create a new password.
Reset Your Password in the App
To reset your password from the Square app:
- Tap Forgot Password? from the Sign In screen.
- Enter the email address associated with your Square account > tap Send.
We’ll automatically send you instructions via email to help you reset your password.
Password Reset Email Issues
If you’re having trouble with the password reset email, try these tips to help you complete the process:
- Check your junk mail folder, because Square’s emails are occasionally sorted out by spam filters.
- Double-check that the email address you entered into the password reset field is the same email used to access your Square account.
- If you see the message “This token has been used”, visit square.com/dashboard from your browser to confirm you are signed out of the dashboard. Reset your password again.