Payments accepted with Square are sent directly to your linked bank account based on Square’s transfer schedule. If you can’t find a transfer, review the information below to make sure you’ve ruled out common issues:
Review your transfer schedule
- Check Square’s transfer schedule cutoff times. If payments were accepted after midnight or your customised close of day, those payments will be sent in your next transfer.
- Transfers aren’t sent on weekends. Payments accepted on Saturday or Sunday are sent to your linked bank account by 4 p.m. on Monday.
- Most banks are closed on weekends and holidays, so transfers sent by Square are usually delayed during these times.
Check your payments
- Make sure that the payments you’re expecting have completed.
- Make sure all payments were processed as card payments and not recorded as cash, cheque, or other tender. Money isn’t actually processed through Square with the cash, cheque and other tender options.
- If you have multiple Square accounts or locations, make sure your device was signed into the Square account or location associated with the linked bank account. The ability to transfer funds between Square accounts or locations is not available. You can opt to transfer funds outside of Square or issue a refund and sign into the correct Square account or location to process the payment again. You’ll need the original payment card or details from your customer.
Check your bank account
- Check that your bank account is verified. If you take payments before linking your bank account, money will remain in your account balance until your bank is verified.
- Check if a transfer is pending. Pending transfers will complete and should arrive on the next working day.
- Transfers from Square sent to your linked bank account can be identified by searching Square Inc in your bank statement. Instant transfers sent to your bank account will be described as SQC.
- Make sure your Square account isn’t linked to a closed bank account. If the transfers are sent to a closed bank account, please contact our Customer Success team.
If you are still having trouble locating your transfers, check your email to see if you’ve been contacted by Square. If you have, reply to that email. You should also double-check your spam folder as some email filters may automatically sort out Square’s emails.