Match Transfers to Sales
You can view your transfer details from your online Square Dashboard or the Square Point of Sale app. Review this quick guide to discover valuable transfer-reporting tools.
Identify Payments Included in Transfers
From Your Online Square Dashboard:
- Visit Balance > Transfer Reports in your online Square Dashboard.
- Use the date-selector tool at the top-left of the page to refine the date range of your transfer search. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector tool to see a full calendar view.
- Click on any transfer in the list to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the transfer was sent, and the individual card payments included in the transfer.
From your Square Point of Sale app:
- Tap Balance from the navigation bar.
- Tap Transfer Reports.
- Tap any transfer under the History section to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the transfer was sent, and the individual card payments included in the transfer.
If you’re reviewing a transfer and don’t see all the payments you were expecting to receive for that day, these payments were most likely included in the following transfer. This can happen if payments were accepted after your daily transfer cut-off time.
Learn about our transfer schedule options, and select the schedule that best meets your business needs.
Download Your Transfer History
- From Balance > Transfer Reports in your online Square Dashboard, click the date-selector tool at the top-left corner to choose the date range you’d like to view.
- Click the location selector to filter your transfers by location.
- Click Export > Summary CSV at the top right-hand corner of the page.
A spreadsheet will download to your computer as a CSV file, which you can open with your preferred spreadsheet software.
Note: Transfer details aren’t available for transfers made before January 2012.
We also provide integration with different accounting softwares. Learn more about our accounting partners and how to integrate your Square account.
Create Transfer Tags
If you’re using the same bank account for multiple locations, use transfer tags to identify which location is linked to a specific transfer.
- Visit Locations in your online Square Dashboard, and click a specific location.
- Enter a transfer tag under Bank Information.
- Click Save.
Can’t Find Transfers?
Payments accepted with Square are sent directly to your linked bank account based on Square’s transfer schedule. If you can’t find a transfer, review the information below to make sure you’ve ruled out common issues:
Review your transfer schedule
- Check Square’s transfer schedule cut-off times. If payments were accepted after midnight or your customised close of day, those payments will be sent in your next transfer.
- Transfers aren’t sent on weekends. Payments accepted on Saturday or Sunday are sent to your linked bank account by 4 p.m. on Monday and may be posted on Tuesday morning, depending on your bank’s processing speed.
- Most banks are closed on weekends and holidays, so transfers sent by Square are usually delayed during these times.
Check your payments
- Make sure that the payments you’re expecting have completed.
- Make sure that all payments were processed as card payments and not recorded as cash, cheque or other tender. Money isn’t actually processed through Square with the cash, cheque and other tender options.
- If you have multiple Square accounts or locations, make sure your device was signed into the Square account or location associated with the linked bank account. The ability to transfer funds between Square accounts or locations is not available. You can opt to transfer funds outside of Square or issue a refund and sign into the correct Square account or location to process the payment again. You’ll need the original payment card or details from your customer.
Check your bank account
- Check that your bank account is verified. If you take payments before linking your bank account, money will remain in your account balance until your bank is verified.
- Check if a transfer is pending. Pending transfers will complete and should arrive in the next 1–2 working days.
- Transfers from Square sent to your linked bank account can be identified by searching Square Inc in your bank statement. Instant transfers sent to your bank account will be described as SQC.
- Make sure your Square account isn’t linked to a closed bank account. Learn what to do if transfers were sent to a closed account.
- It can take a few working days for transfers to show up, based on your bank’s processing speeds. Contact your bank to get information about their processing times.
If you are still having trouble locating your transfers, check your email to see if you’ve been contacted by Square. If you have, reply to that email. You should also double-check your spam folder as some email filters may automatically sort out Square’s emails.