Match Deposits To Sales
You can view your deposit details from your online Square Dashboard or the Square Point of Sale app. Review this quick guide to discover valuable deposit reporting tools.
Identify Payments Included In Deposits
From your Online Square Dashboard:
- Visit Deposits > Deposit Reports in your online Square Dashboard.
- Use the date-selector tool at the upper left-hand side of the page to refine the date range of your deposit search. Note: Click the middle of the date-selector tool to see a full calendar view.
- Click on any deposit in the list to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the deposit was sent, and the individual card payments included in the deposit.
From your Square Point of Sale app:
- Tap Deposits from the navigation bar.
- Tap Deposit Reports.
- Tap any deposit under the History section to view details, including the last three digits of the bank account where the deposit was sent and the individual card payments included in the deposit.
If you’re reviewing a deposit and don’t see all of the payments you were expecting to receive for that day, these payments were most likely included in the following deposit. This can happen if payments were accepted after your daily deposit cut-off time.
Learn about our deposit schedule options and select the schedule that best meets your business needs.
Download Your Deposit History
- From Deposits > Deposit Reports in your online Square Dashboard, click the date-selector tool at the upper left-hand corner to choose the date range you’d like to view.
- Click the location selector to filter your deposits by location.
- Click Export > Summary CSV at the top right-hand corner of the page.
A spreadsheet will download to your computer as a CSV file, which you can open with your preferred spreadsheet software.
Note: Deposit details aren’t available for deposits made before January 2012.
We also provide integration with different accounting softwares. Learn more about our accounting partners and how to integrate your Square account.
Create Deposit Tags
If you’re using the same bank account for multiple locations, use deposit tags to identify which location is linked to a specific deposit.
- Visit Locations in your online Square Dashboard, click a specific location.
- Enter a deposit tag under Bank Information.
- Click Save.
Can’t Find Deposits?
Payments accepted with Square are sent directly to your linked bank account based on Square’s deposit schedule. If you can’t find a deposit, review the information below to make sure you’ve ruled out common issues:
Review your deposit schedule
- Check Square’s deposit schedule cutoff times. If payments were accepted after midnight or your customised close of day, those payments will be sent in your next deposit.
- Deposits aren’t sent at weekends. Payments accepted on Saturday or Sunday are sent to your linked bank account by 16:00 on Monday and may appear in your account on Tuesday morning, depending on your bank’s processing speed.
- Most banks are closed at weekends and on public holidays, so deposits sent by Square are usually delayed during these times.
Check your payments
- Make sure that the payments you’re expecting have completed.
- Make sure that all payments were processed as card payments and not recorded as cash, cheque or other tender. Money isn’t actually processed through Square with the cash, cheque and other tender options.
- If you have multiple Square accounts or locations, make sure your device was signed into the Square account or location associated with the linked bank account. The ability to transfer funds between Square accounts or locations is not available. You can opt to transfer funds outside of Square or issue a refund and sign into the correct Square account or location to process the payment again. You’ll need the original payment card or details from your customer.
Check your bank account
- Check that your bank account is verified. If you take payments before linking your bank account, money will remain in your account balance until your bank is verified.
- Check if a deposit is pending. Pending deposits will complete and should arrive in the next 1-2 working days.
- Deposits from Square sent to your linked bank account can be identified by searching Square Inc in your bank statement. Instand Deposits sent to your bank account will be described as SQC.
- Make sure your Square account isn’t linked to a closed bank account. Learn what to do if deposits were sent to a closed account.
- It can take a few business days for deposits to show up, based on your bank’s processing speeds. Contact your bank to get information about their processing times.
If you are still having trouble locating your deposits, check your email to see if you’ve been contacted by Square. If you have, reply to that email. Also double-check your spam folder as some email filters may automatically filter Square’s emails.