Deposit Options FAQs
Find answers to common questions about Square’s instant transfers.
What are Square’s faster transfer options?
To get your money faster than one to two working days, use instant transfers to send your eligible balance on demand, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Are there any transfer limits?
Instant transfers require a minimum balance of £50 after Square’s processing and transfer fees, and a maximum transfer size of £2,500.
Funds that are not eligible for instant transfers will be sent to the bank account linked to your Square account in one to two working days.
Note: New sellers may be restricted from using instant transfers until they have sufficient account history. As you run and grow your business with Square, instant transfers will become available.
Why are instant transfers unavailable?
Instant transfers may be unavailable due to one of the following reasons:
- You haven’t linked a bank account to Square, or your bank account hasn’t been completely verified. Link a bank account or check your verification status from your online Square Dashboard.
- Your current balance, after Square’s processing and transfer fees, is below the minimum amount of £50
- You have at least one single transaction greater than £2,500. Square can’t send transactions greater than £2,500 via instant transfers.
- You’re new to Square and have insufficient account history to be eligible for instant transfers.
- Your transfer may have been impacted as a result of a regular account review. We periodically review accounts to ensure customer security. Instant transfers will become available when this review is complete.
If my instant transfers were sent on a weekend, evening or after my close of day, when will they arrive?
With instant transfers, funds are sent instantly, even on nights and weekends, regardless of your regular transfer schedule. Funds will arrive in your bank account within 20 minutes.
Note: Any money not sent instantly will be sent to your bank account in one to two working days.
What should I do if my transfer fails to send?
Try sending your transfer again at the end of the day or wait for your funds to be sent via Square’s standard next day transfer schedule.
When will my transfer arrive in my bank account?
Funds will typically arrive in your bank account within 20 minutes of initiating the instant transfer.
Can I transfer funds from multiple payments in a single instant transfer?
Yes! You can transfer a balance of up to £1000 from multiple payments with instant transfer.
Where can I see a summary of my instant or same-day transfers?
Your complete transfer history, along with any instant or same-day transfer fees, is available to view and download from Balance > Balance Reports in your online Square Dashboard. Read more about viewing your transfer history.
You can also view instant and same-day transfers from the Square Point of Sale app by navigating to Balance > Transfer Reports.
If I qualify for free processing, will transfer fees be covered by that programme?
No. Square’s Referral programme only covers card processing fees and not the 1% fee for instant transfer.