Use the default filters available in your directory to view select groups of customers. Multiple filters can be selected at once and used to create a Smart Group based on specific customer details. For example, you can select the Feedback and Last Visited filters to see which customers who have left feedback in the past haven’t returned to your business in a certain period of time.
Create a Manual Group to hand-select a list of customers according to your needs. Manual Groups come in handy when importing customers in bulk or quickly adding a new customer from a sale.
- Visit the Customers tab of your online Square Dashboard.
- Click All Customers > New Group.
- Name the new group > click Save.
Smart Groups can be created by both you and your customer’s interactions with your business.
Examples of Smart Groups include:
- Lapsed: Customers who have not returned to your business after a specified time period.
Regulars: Customers who are considered regulars based on their visits in a specified time period.
Note: To edit the rules for Lapsed and Regulars, select the group in your directory > click Edit Group > make edits > Save.
- Custom Smart Group: Groups created using filters in the directory. More information below.
Sort Your Directory Using Groups and Filters
Manage and filter your customers to organize and group them to track customer types.
- Click Filter and choose the filter you would like to add.
- Click the filter you’ve chosen to view conditions associated with that filter, if applicable.
- Choose an option to configure your filter.
- Select any additional filters.
- Tap Save Filters to save as a Smart Group.