With Virtual Terminal, you can accept manually keyed-in payments right from your online Square Dashboard and charge your customers in seconds. No hardware, reader or app installation is required.
Take a Payment with Virtual Terminal
To take a payment with Virtual Terminal:
- Log into your online Square Dashboard.
- In the left-hand pane, navigate to Virtual Terminal > Take a Payment.
- Enter the payment details provided by your customer.
- Click Charge.
Once you see Payment Successful, you are all set and you can view your payment in your Dashboard Sales Report.
Give an employee access to use Virtual Terminal
You can configure your Employee Management settings to grant access to Virtual Terminal. Before you can get started, you’ll need to create at least one employee.
To give an employee access to Virtual Terminal:
- Log into Employees.
- Click the arrow next to the name of the employee whose permissions you’d like to update.
- Click Edit Role.
- If it has not been checked off already, toggle on Access Employee Dashboard.
- Check Take Payments with Virtual Terminal.
- Click Save.
After you grant Virtual Terminal access to your employee, they will receive an email with instructions for how to use it. Employees will be able to see only the account elements for which you have granted access.
Note: Employee permissions are only available through Square’s Employee Management.
Transactions processed through Virtual Terminal are charged at the same rate as manually keyed-in transactions, 3.4% +$0.15 cents per transaction.