In-App Summaries and Reports
Confirm and review your sales history, transactions details and reports directly from the Square app.
View Sales Reporting from the Square App
From the Square Point of Sale (POS) app, Register and Terminal, you can generate, print and email sales reports. If you’re using Team Management, you can choose which sales data your team has access to by granting them access to either detailed or limited sales reporting.
Detailed Sales Reporting: Allow team members to view aggregate sales data on a shared point of sale or your online Square Dashboard for only the past 90 days, and restrict team members from seeing full historical data, comparison charts and trends over time.
Limited Sales Reporting: Allow team members to view aggregate sales data on a shared point of sale for only the past 90 days, and restrict team members from seeing full historical data, comparison charts and trends over time. Limited sales reporting includes:
- Daily sales summary including non-cash tips
- Sales by payment type
- Top-selling items and categories
Detailed Sales Reporting
To view detailed sales reporting from your point of sale:
- Tap the following icon in the navigation bar:.
- Tap Reports > Sales to see today’s sales activity, or tap a preset range to view sales for that time period. To set a custom date range, tap the date at the top of the report on your phone, or tap Compare on a tablet, and set your filters. You’re able to filter by time of day, device and team member.
- Tap Done when finished.
Your report will generate and display a sales summary, payment method breakdown and, if applicable, the top items and categories sold. From the top items and top categories, you will be able to view modifiers and items, respectively.
To send a sales report, tap the share icon at the top-right corner. If you’re connected to a receipt printer and would like to print your report, tap Print.
To compare sales between periods of time:
- Tap the following icon in the navigation bar: or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:
- Tap Reports > Sales > tap a preset date range to view sales for a single day, week, month, 3 months or year. Tap the date at the top-centre to filter by time of day, device and team member if you are subscribed to Team Management.
- Tap the arrow at the upper-right corner of the report > select which date range you’d like to compare sales against.
- A chart will generate comparing sales between the current range in blue, with the previous date range in grey.
Note: You’re unable to compare sales reports for custom date ranges.
Limited Sales Reporting
To manage team member access to in-app reporting:
- Visit the Team section of your online Square Dashboard > Click Permissions.
- Click Create permission set or select an existing permission set to edit.
- Toggle on Reports, select View Sales Reporting.
- Choose either View Limited Sales Reporting or View Detailed Sales Reporting.
- Click Save.
Learn more about assigning permissions with Team Management.
View Your Transaction History from the App
To view individual transaction details:
- Tap Transactions.
- Tap individual payments to view transaction details.
If the customer paid with a payment card, you’ll see the following:
- Payment card brand and last four digits
- Receipt number
- Date of the payment
- Item(s) sold
You can also search for individual transactions in your sales history by doing any of the following:
- Enter the last 4 digits of the payment card number
- Enter the receipt ID (located at the bottom of the receipt)
- Swipe or insert the payment card
Note: You can’t delete transactions from your payment history, but you can issue refunds.
View Transfer Details from the App
- Tap: or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:
- Tap Balance.
- Tap Transfer Reports.