In-App Summaries and Reports
Confirm and review your sales history, transactions details and reports directly from the Square app.
View Sales Reports from the App
From the Square app, you can generate, print and email sales reports.
- Tap Reports > Sales to see today’s sales activity, or tap a preset range to view sales for that time period. To set a custom date range, tap the date at the top of the report on your phone, or tap Compare on a tablet, and set your filters. You’re able to filter by time of day, device and team member if you are subscribed to Team Management.
- Tap Done.
Your report will generate and display a sales summary, payment method breakdown and, if applicable, the top items and categories sold. From the top items and top categories, you will be able to view modifiers and items, respectively.
To send a sales report, tap the share icon in the top-right corner. If you’re connected to a receipt printer and would like to print your report, tap Print.
To compare sales between periods of time:
- Tap Reports > Sales > tap a preset date range to view sales for a single day, week, month, 3 months or year. Tap the date at the top-centre to filter by time of day, device and team member if you are subscribed to Team Management.
- Tap the arrow in the upper-right corner of the report > select which date range you’d like to compare sales against.
- A chart will generate a comparison of sales between the current range in blue and the previous date range in grey.
Note: You’re unable to compare sales reports for custom date ranges.
View Your Transaction History from the App
To view individual transaction details:
- Tap Transactions.
- Tap individual payments to view transaction details.
If the customer paid with a payment card, you’ll see the following:
- Payment card brand and last 4 digits
- Receipt number
- Date of the payment
- Item(s) sold
You can also search for individual transactions in your sales history by doing any of the following:
- Enter the last 4 digits of the payment card number
- Enter the receipt ID (located at the bottom of the receipt)
- Swipe or insert the payment card
Note: You can’t delete transactions from your payment history, but you can issue refunds.
View Deposit Details from the App
- Tap: or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:
- Tap Deposits.
- Tap Deposit Reports.