Square POS Rentals: Process payments at every kind of event.
Whether you’re expecting 50 attendees or 50,000, Square point-of-sale rentals allow you to accept every payment – debit and credit tap, chip & PIN, mobile devices and cash – at stations or on the move.
Small and medium-size events
With Square, you can be up and running in minutes and smaller event teams can be trained very quickly. And for every payment processed, funds arrive as soon as the next working day.
- Cultural Festivals & Fairs
- Fundraisers & Galas
- Farmers Markets & Sales
- Food & Beverage Tastings
If you’ve got crowds to contend with, we’ll make sure you can process payments quickly and keep lines moving. We can also help with consumer insights, staff training, inventory setup and team management.
- Concerts & Sporting Events
- Pop-ups & Openings
- Conventions & Tradeshows
- Music Festivals & Fairs
Square point-of-sale solutions
Choose your POS hardware and accessories—and a compatible device—then download the free Square Point of Sale app and start taking payments.
Use Square Stand for contactless and chip to accept every type of payment, including debit tap and chip & PIN.
Support your payment setup with a receipt printer, cash drawer, barcode scanner or L7 Case for roaming sales.
Square hardware is compatible with iOS and Android devices. If you do not have a Wi-Fi connection at your event space, we can provide you with a data package so you can accept payments.
Tell us about your event’s payment processing needs. We’ll make sure you get exactly what you need.
Rent the hardware you need, get fast and reliable transfers and take advantage of free, advanced sales reports.
Setup and training
In addition to securing hardware for your event, we can help with account setup and training materials for your event staff.
Work with us to develop a payments system that’s just right for your specific festival, event or venue
- What types of payments can be processed with Square hardware rentals?
With Square hardware and the Square Point of Sale app, you can process every type of payment, including debit tap, debit chip & PIN, credit cards and contactless devices. Learn more about Square payments.
- Do I need Wi-Fi at my venue to use Square?
Square requires an active internet connection to process payments. This can be either a Wi-Fi connection or a data service such as 3G, 4G or EDGE.
- What happens if I lose internet connectivity?
If you lose connectivity, you can use Offline Mode for accepting credit card payments. When operating in Offline Mode, we recommend the following:
- Before swiping a card offline, verify the name of the cardholder as well as the expiration date to ensure it’s a valid card. If a payment card is declined, Square is unable to provide buyer contact information.
- Set a limit for card transactions taken offline under Per Transaction Limit.
- Upload your offline payments within 72 hours. Once you’ve regained internet connectivity, payments will show as completed and will be visible from your online Square Dashboard.
- What’s the minimum Square hardware rental order for event payment processing?
There is no minimum. Rent as many or as few as you need.
- How much does it cost to rent Square hardware?
Please fill out the request form and our rental partner, IT Xchange, will contact you within 5 business days with a quote.
- Can I test out Square hardware before I buy it?
Sure, just fill out the request form and someone will contact you to discuss it.
- Can I sell event tickets online through Square?
Yes, check out our eCommerce partners.
- Are there other companies involved in order fulfillment?
Yes, orders are fulfilled through Square’s hardware rental partner, IT Xchange.
- Do you offer onsite support for event payment processing?
For select large-scale events, Square has partnered with Mawg. If this is something you’re interested in, please email Mawg at [email protected]