Square for Festivals & Events
event venue management solution
A simple and intuitive event venue POS for your business. And there’s no lock-in contract.
Versatile POS hardware and software for indoor and outdoor events
Square can help you sell more at any event, big or small. Be up and running in minutes and get your team trained quickly.
Perfect payment solutions for small to large events
Square makes it easy to accept payments in person, online and on the go. It’s simple to use, and there’s no training needed.
- Take payments in person at your venue or on the go with Square POS hardware
- EFTPOS machines are also available to hire, so you accept any types of payments at your venue or on the move with no commitment.
- Receive your funds quickly and smooth our your cash flow with free transfers as soon as the next day or instant transfers for a small fee.
Sell tickets and merchandise online and at the event
Square comes with all the tools you need to launch your website quickly and start selling online.
- Build your own online store for free and sell your event tickets online.
- Launch your online store quickly with our easy-to-use store builder – no coding required.
- Square Online sales integrate with your Square POS systems, which makes inventory management and reporting simple.
Manage your event from a single point of sale
Our fully integrated POS software allows you to manage staff, inventory, pricing, and more.
- Point of Sale software that lets you start selling right away.
- An Inventory management system that’s seamless, easy-to-use and efficient.
- Manage and roster your team right from your point of sale.
Integrate with your favourite business software.
Create and sell event tickets or registrations online and manage your events with SimpleTix, Brushfire, TicketSocket and Event App.
Integrate with popular accounting software like Xero, Quickbooks and MYOB for your accounting needs.
Perfect solutions for all kinds of events
- Cultural festivals and fairs
- Fundraisers, exhibitions and galas
- Pop-ups and openings
- Concerts and sporting events
- Conventions, expos and tradeshows
- Music festivals
- Special community events
“We use the handheld Square Terminal, which is absolutely amazing. We’ve used those across a few events and they’ve been really good - they work well, they don’t take up a lot of space, and the fact that they’re an all in one payments and POS system is really nice.”
MICHAEL WATSON, FOUNDER of Wats On Events
Sleek, fast payment hardware for your event.
The fastest and most secure way to pay. Accept chip and PIN cards, contactless payments, Apple Pay and Google Pay. An easy solution for your on-the-go business.
The all-in-one portable EFTPOS machine that lets you accept all kinds of payments easily and print (or email) receipts – the perfect solution for tableside services.
The fully integrated touchscreen point-of-sale that lets you start selling right out of the box. Manage card and contactless payments, online sales and more, all from one POS register.
Turn your iPad into a powerful point of sale with payments built in. In a swivel, Stand becomes a customer display, so you can sell accurately and customers can confirm their total and pay.
Get started with the Square all-in-one system.
Consistent, fair and transparent pricing.
Always know what you pay with Square. Simple, transparent pricing means you always pay one low rate per payment method, so you can keep more of what you make.
1.6% or 1.9%
Square charges a fee of 1.6% per tap or insert on Square Terminal and Square Register and 1.9% per tap or insert on Square Reader or Square Stand.
When a customer makes a purchase through Square Online, Square Online Checkout, eCommerce API, in-app payments or pays an invoice online, the fee is 2.2%.
When you manually key in your customer’s card details on Virtual Terminal or a Square POS app, or use a card on file, the fee is 2.2%.
Buy now, pay later
6% + 30c (exc. GST)
Allow customers to pay in instalments over time with Afterpay. You get paid immediately, so there’s no risk. Bring in more business in person and online.
Need more than just payment processing? Square’s got you covered.
New to Square? Connect with our Sales team.
We’re here to help you get started. Please complete this form to chat, book a meeting or call our sales team directly.
Existing customers looking for support? Click here ->
Resources for your business.
Read reports, articles and interviews on Townsquare.
- What types of payments can be processed with Square Payments?
With Square hardware and the Square Point of Sale app, you can process Visa, Mastercard, eftpos, American Express and JCB credit and debit cards. Square also supports Afterpay and mobile wallets such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.
- Do I need Wi-Fi at my venue to use Square?
You’ll need Wi-Fi at your event location or a 4G connection (minimum) to use Square. We can connect you with mobile Wi-Fi providers if needed.
- Do you offer onsite support for event payment processing?
Yes, we offer onsite support for larger events. If this is something you’re interested in, please let us know in the request form and someone will contact you to discuss it.
- How do I start using Square POS?
Download the Square POS app and sign in to open your account. You can start accepting payments right away by entering card numbers without a reader. We’ll ship you a Square Reader, which should arrive within 5–7 business days, or you can pick one up at a participating retail store. You can also purchase other Square hardware at our Shop page or order one online from Amazon, Officeworks or JB Hifi.
- How long does it take to get trained?
Square is intuitive to use and easy to get started on. Usually people get up to speed in less than an hour, no lengthy training seminars necessary. Find out more details from our Get Started Guide in our Support Centre.