To sign up for Square’s online payroll services in Nebraska, you must be registered with the Nebraska Department of Revenue and the Nebraska Department of Labor so we can pay and file your state taxes.
|Agency||Required Tax Information||Format|
|Nebraska Department of Revenue||Nebraska Identification Number||21-000000000 (11 digits)|
|Nebraska Department of Labor||Nebraska Employer Account Number||0000000000 (10 digits)|
|Nebraska UI Combined Tax Rate||X.XX%|
Nebraska Tax Account Numbers
Nebraska Identification Number
- If you are a new business, register online with the Nebraska Department of Revenue for an Income Tax Withholding account.
- If you already have a Nebraska Identification Number, you can find it on previous correspondence from the Nebraska Department of Revenue, by contacting the agency at 800-742-7474, or by visiting their Contact Us page for email.
- If your Nebraska Identification Number is less than 9 digits, please add zeros to the beginning of the number.
Nebraska Employer Account Number and Tax Rate
- If you are a new business, register online with the Nebraska Department of Labor to retreive your number and tax rate. The Combined Tax Rate for most new employers is 1.25%.
- If you already have a Nebraska Employer Account Number and Tax Rate, you can look this up online or find it on the Combined Tax Rate Notice mailed by the Nebraska Department of Labor each year. If you’re unsure, you can contact the agency at 402-471-9898 or by visiting their Contact Us page for email.
Nebraska Payroll Tax Details
Square Payroll processes the following per the frequency below to the listed state agencies:
|Nebraska Department of Revenue||Withholding Tax Payment||After Every Pay Run|
|Income Tax Withholding Return (Form 941N)||Quarterly|
|Wage and Tax Statement (W-2)||Annually|
|Reconciliation of Income Tax Withheld (W-3N)||Annually|
|Nebraska Department of Labor||Quarterly Combined Tax (UI11T) and Wage (UI11W) Report||Quarterly|
|Nebraska State Directory of New Hires||New Hire Report||As Needed|