Colorado Employer Tax Information
To sign up for Square’s online payroll services in Colorado, you must be registered with the Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR) and the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment so we can pay and file your state taxes.
|Agency||Required Tax Information||Format|
|Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR)||Colorado Account Number||00000000 (8 digits)|
|Colorado Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Number||3710000000 (10 digits)|
|Colorado Filing Frequency||Weekly, Monthly, or Quarterly|
|Colorado Department of Labor and Employment||Colorado UI Employer Account Number||000000.00-0 (9 digits)|
|Colorado UI Total Combined Rate||X.XX%|
Colorado Tax Account Numbers
Colorado Account Number and Filing Frequency
- If you are a new business, register online. You will only need to enter the first 8 digits of your account number.
- If you are already registered with the Department of Revenue, you can find your Colorado Account Number and Filing Frequency online or by contacting the CO Department of Revenue at 303-205-8333.
Colorado Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Number
- If you have not yet registered to make electronic payments, register online for an EFT Number. Please make sure you are applying to make payments through ACH Credit. The EFT Number will begin with 371.
- If you already have an EFT Number, you can find it online or by contacting the CO Department of Revenue at 303-205-8333.
Colorado Unemployment Insurance Employer Account Number
- If you are a new business, register online to retrieve your CO UI Employer Account Number.
- If you already have a CO UI Employer Account Number, look this up online or find it on the Unemployment Insurance Rate Notice mailed by the CO Department of Labor and Employment. If you are unsure, contact the agency at 303-318-9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colorado Occupational Privilege Tax
City of Aurora Account Number
- If you are a new business, register online to receive your Aurora Account Number.
- If you are already registered with the City of Aurora, you can retrieve your account number by contacting the agency at 303-739-7800.
Additionally, in order to file and pay your Aurora Occupational Privilege Taxes, Square Payroll needs to be authorized as your Third Party Administrator (TPA). The process can be completed online by following these steps:
- Log in to your Aurora Tax Portal.
- Go to your Settings and click on Third Party Access.
- Click on Grant Access to a Third Party.
- Enter “squarepayroll” as the username for third party logon and click Next.
- Review and Submit.
City of Denver Account Number
- If you are a new business, register online to receive your Denver Account Number.
- If you are already registered with the City of Denver, you can find your account number online or retrieve it by contacting the agency at 720-913-9400.
City of Glendale Account Number
- If you are a new business, submit a Business Registration form to receive your Glendale Account Number.
- If you are already registered with the City of Glendale, you can retrieve your account number by contacting the agency at 303-639-4706.
City of Greenwood Village Account Number
- If you are a new business, apply for an Occupational Privilege Tax License to retrieve your Greenwood Village Account Number.
- If you are already registered with the City of Greenwood Village, you can retrieve your account number by contacting the agency at 303-486-8299.
Employer Exemption from Occupational Privilege Tax
Religious and charitable organizations may be exempt from the employer (business) portion of Occupational Privilege Tax. You can find more details on each city’s exemption rules here:
Sheridan Occupational Privilege Tax
Square Payroll will calculate and withhold Sheridan Occupational Privilege Tax (OPT) from your employees but you will need to file and pay this tax to the City of Sheridan manually. We’ll provide you with all the information you’ll need at the time of filing. Please note that Square Payroll will file all other state taxes including Colorado state income tax and unemployment insurance (UI) tax for you.
Colorado Payroll Tax Details
Square Payroll processes the following per the frequency below to the listed state agencies:
|Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR)||Wage Withholding Tax Return (DR 1094)||After Every Pay Run|
|Wage and Tax Statement (W-2)||Annually||Colorado Department of Labor and Employment||Unemployment Insurance Payment||Quarterly|
|Quarterly Report of Wages Paid and Premiums Owed (UITR-1)||Quarterly||State Directory of New Hires||New Hire Report||As Needed|
Colorado City-Level Payroll Tax Details
|Denver Department of Finance||Denver Occupational Privilege Tax Return||Monthly|
|Aurora Tax & Licensing Division||Aurora Occupational Privilege Tax Return||Monthly|
|Glendale Tax Department||City of Glendale Occupational Privilege Tax Return||Monthly|
|City of Greenwood Village||Greenwood Village Occupational Privilege Tax Return||Monthly|