Create and manage your vendor list, send and receive purchase orders – your online Square Dashboard is your new Back of House.
Set up your vendor list to help you keep track of purchasing and organize your cost with Square for Retail. There’s a few places you can add a new vendor to your account.
To create a new vendor from the Vendors tab:
- Log in to your online Square Dashboard > Inventory.
- Click the Vendors tab at the top of the page.
- Click Create Vendor.
- Enter details about your vendor > click Save.
You can also create a vendor from the item creation page:
- From your Item Library > Select Create Item.
- Click None in the Low Stock Alert section.
- Add the vendor’s name and cost for the individual item.
- Click Done.
Visit the Vendors tab to confirm the information you entered saved. The item will also appear in the vendor’s item library.
You can create a new vendor on the spot when you make a Purchase Order.
- From the Inventory tab > click Purchase Orders.
- Click Create Purchase Order > Select Vendor.
- Instead of selecting an existing vendor, type in the new vendor’s name and press Enter or Return on your keyboard.
Edit Vendor Specific Item Library
When you create a purchase order with a vendor, the items added to the order will automatically list under the Item Library in their vendor profile. If you’d like to update or edit the vendor specific item library:
Under the Vendor tab > click on vendor’s name.
Select Item Library at the top of their profile.
From here you can edit the unit cost or vendor code for each price point.
Edit or Deactivate a Vendor
To edit an existing vendor’s information, log in to Vendors and click their name. You can assign an account number, add additional notes, or enter their business address and phone number.
You can remove a vendor at any time, by clicking Deactivate Vendor at the bottom of their profile. Deactivating a vendor will remove them from your recipient list when creating a purchase order.
Learn how to create a purchase order.