Create and manage your vendor list, send and receive purchase orders – your online Square Dashboard is your new Back of House.
Set up your vendor list to help you keep track of purchasing and organize your cost with Square for Retail. There are a few places you can add a new vendor to your account.
To create a new vendor from the Vendors tab:
- Log in to your online Square Dashboard > Items > Inventory Management.
- Click the Vendors tab.
- Click Create Vendor.
- Enter details about your vendor > click Save.
You can also create a vendor from the item creation page:
- From your Item Library > Select Create Item.
- Click Add Vendor.
- Add the vendor’s name and cost for the individual item.
- Click Done.
Visit the Vendors tab to confirm the information you entered saved. The item will also appear in the vendor’s item library.
You can create a new vendor on the spot when you make a Purchase Order.
- From the Inventory tab > click Purchase Orders.
- Click Create Purchase Order > Select Vendor.
- Instead of selecting an existing vendor, type in the new vendor’s name and press Enter or Return on your keyboard.
Edit Vendor Specific Item Library
When you create a purchase order with a vendor, the items added to the order will automatically list under the Item Library in their vendor profile. If you’d like to update or edit the vendor-specific item library:
Under the Vendor tab > click on vendor’s name.
Select Item Library at the top of their profile.
From here you can edit the unit cost or vendor code for each price point.
SKUs Vs. Vendor Codes
Vendor Management also allows you to enter both SKUs and vendor codes.
- SKUs help you search and build your cart from the Retail app, as well as streamline inventory intake.
- Vendor codes are often used by a vendor for internal reference.
Including both SKUs and vendor codes for an item will help you connect the dots between items in your library with the codes vendors use to identify their products. If a vendor code includes a bar code, you’ll be able to Add Stock from the Retail POS app for received orders by scanning the vendor code directly.
Edit or Deactivate a Vendor
To edit an existing vendor’s information, log in to the Vendors tab and click the vendor’s name. You can assign an account number, add additional notes, or enter their business address and phone number.
You can remove a vendor at any time, by clicking Deactivate Vendor at the bottom of their profile. Deactivating a vendor will remove them from your recipient list when creating a purchase order.
Learn more about purchase orders.