Manage Payment Types with the Square App
Customize your checkout screen by toggling and reordering what Payment Types are available at checkout.
- Cash: Accept cash payments.
- Manual Card Entry: Manually key-in card details to accept payments without a reader.
- Enter Gift Card Number: Enter a gift card number to accept Square gift cards.
- Customer Card on File: Charge a customer’s card on file.
- Invoice: Create a Square Invoice in the Square app.
- Check: Record a cheque payment.
- Other Gift Card or Certificate: Record a payment made using a 3rd-party gift card or certificate.
- Other Payment Types: Record a payment using another payment type.
Customize Payment Types
- Select the menu icon in the navigation bar.
- Tap Settings > Payment Types.
- To rearrange, drag and drop by tapping the three horizontal lines next to the Payment Type name.
- Tap the toggle button to the right of the Payment Type to add or remove it from your checkout screen.
- Use the Preview button at the top of the screen to preview your new checkout screen.
Note: Any edits made to one device will reflect on all other devices linked to that location.
To restrict employee access to edit Payment Types, disable Change Settings in your Employee Permissions.