You can customize the appearance of your invoices and customer-facing receipts from your online Square Dashboard. To do so, visit Account & Settings > Receipt. The appearance of both invoices and digital receipts is managed from this page.
If you have multiple locations, you can customize your receipt and invoice appearance for each location.
Descriptive receipts and invoices help customers recognize purchases and prevent disputed payments.
|Option||Description||Digital Receipts||Printed Receipts||Invoices|
|Header Colour||Select a colour that best represents your business.||Yes||No||Yes|
|Business Name||Add your business name to help customers recall their purchases.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Logo||Select a unique graphic symbol or emblem that embodies your business.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Item Information||Include item descriptions to help customers recall purchases.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Business Location||Help customers remember where a purchase was made by entering your business address. You can choose to show or hide a map of where the transaction took place by checking/unchecking Show location.*||Yes||Yes||No|
|Custom Text||Enter custom messaging to include announcements or special promotions.||Yes||Yes||No|
|Return Policy||Add your refund, exchange or cancellation policy.||Yes||Yes||No|
|Referrals||When customers use your referral link to activate a Square account, you’ll both receive free processing on up to $1,000 in sales over the next 180 days. Check the box next to “Show referral link” to include on your digital receipts.||Yes||No||No|
|Other Information||Add your phone number, website URL or social media info.||Yes||Yes||No|
Tips for Custom Invoices
You can further customize your Invoices with these features:
- Save a default custom message: Add your terms of service, cancellation policy, return policy or any other personalized message to your customized invoice by adding it to the Message field of your invoice and select to Save as Default Message.
- Add item-level notes: Add your item, select Customize, and scroll to the Note section. Be sure to hit Save once you’ve selected your price point, taxes and added your note.
- Share a link to your invoice: Instead of emailing your invoice from your Square account, you can also choose to share a link to your invoice manually. When you create your invoice, in the Payment field, select Share Invoice Manually > click Create > select Share Link. You can then copy and paste the link to share it manually with your customers.
Set Receipts Language
You can set receipts language from your online Square Dashboard. To do so:
- Go to Account & Settings.
- From the Business section, click Locations.
- Select a location.
- Scroll down to Preferred Language options for receipts.
- Set preferred language > click Save.
Receipt Logo Tips
- Your logo should be at least 200 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
- The maximum size of the printed logo is 400 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
- A printed receipt logo should be formatted as strict black and white, without any colour or shades of grey.
- The logo image displayed in your Dashboard will look similar to your printed logo.