Customise Receipts and Invoices
You can customise the appearance of your invoices and receipts from your online Square Dashboard. To do so, visit Account & Settings > Receipt. The appearance of both invoices and digital receipts is managed from this page.
If you have multiple locations, you can customise your receipt and invoice appearance for each location.
Descriptive receipts and invoices help customers recognise purchases and prevent disputed payments.
|Option||Description||Digital Receipts||Printed Receipts||Invoices|
|Header Colour||Select a colour that best represents your business.||Yes||Yes|
|Business Name||Add your business name to help customers recall their purchases.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Logo||Select a unique graphic symbol or emblem that embodies your business. Choose from a framed or full-width logo for Square Invoices and Digital Receipts.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Item Information||Include item descriptions to help customers recall purchases.||Yes||Yes|
|Business Location||Help customers remember where a purchase was made by entering your business address. You can choose to show or hide a map of where the transaction took place by ticking/unticking the Show location box.*||Yes||Yes|
|Other Details||Add your phone number and website URL.||Yes||Yes|
|Custom Text||Enter custom messaging to include announcements or special promotions.||Yes||Yes|
|Return Policy||Add your refund, exchange or cancellation policy.||Yes|
|Hide Modifiers||Hide modifiers from customer receipts. These modifiers will appear on order tickets for your kitchen, but not on printed or digital receipts.||Yes||Yes|
Receipt Logo Tips
- Your logo should be at least 200 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall. If you choose a full logo, it should be at least 1280 pixels wide and 648 pixels tall to view in high resolution.
- The maximum size of the printed logo is 400 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
- A printed receipt logo should be formatted as strict black and white, without any colour or shades of grey.
- The logo image displayed in your Dashboard will look similar to your printed logo.
Update your Reply-To Email Address
When a buyer replies to an invoice or estimate email, make sure the message is sent to your preferred email address by taking the following steps:
- Visit your Account & Settings tab in your online Square Dashboard > Business > Locations.
- Click on the location you want to edit.
- Within Contact Information, update your preferred email address for that location > press Save.