Learn how to edit your personal account details and business information.
Edit Your Account Settings
Visit Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard to update your name, password, 2-step verification settings and email address.
Edit Your Email Address
To edit the email address associated with your Square account:
- Visit Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard.
- Under Basic Information, click Change next to the current email address.
- If you already have 2-Step Verification enabled, enter and confirm the new email address you’d like to associate with your Square account > Change.
- If you’re not already using 2-Step Verification, select whether you’d like a verification code sent to the current email address or your phone number > Next.
- Enter the verification code > Submit.
In case you don’t see the verification email in your inbox, check your spam folder or email filters. If you selected a phone number, make sure this number can receive SMS messages.
Note: Your email address is used to log in to your Square Dashboard and the Square app on your mobile device.
Edit Your Business Name
- Go to Account & Settings in your online Dashboard.
- Click Business Information on the left side of the page.
- Update your information and click Save.
Note: Your business name appears on your customers’ receipts and credit card statements.
If you have multiple locations, you’ll need to edit settings, including the business name for each location, separately from Locations.
Edit Your Account Owner’s Name
Square currently does not allow sellers change their Account Owner’s name. We are working on a solution. We regularly make improvements to our products. Join the Seller Community to stay informed about new improvements.