Learn how to edit your personal account details and business information.
Edit Your Account Settings
Edit Your Email Address
To edit the email address associated with your Square account:
- Visit Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard.
- Under Basic Information, click Change next to the current email address.
- If you already have 2-Step Verification enabled, enter and confirm the new email address you’d like to associate with your Square account > Change.
- If you’re not already using 2-Step Verification, select whether you’d like a verification code sent to the current email address or your phone number > Next.
- Enter the verification code > Submit.
In case you don’t see the verification email in your inbox, check your spam folder or email filters. If you selected a phone number, make sure this number can receive SMS messages.
Note: Your email address is used to log in to your Square Dashboard and the Square app on your mobile device.
Edit Your Business Name
To edit your business name, which will show on your customers’ receipts and credit card statements, visit Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Account and Settings on the left side of the page.
- Select a location.
- Under Basic Information, enter your business name and business nickname and click Save.
Note: Your business name displays after SQ* on your customers’ credit card statements and should be the name your customers will recognise.
Square recommends that you display your trading name, as this is the business name you are doing business with. This does not have to be your legal company or registered business name.