Edit Your Account and Business Settings
Learn how to edit your personal account details and business information.
Edit Your Account Settings
Edit Your Email Address
To edit the email address associated with your Square account:
- Visit Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard.
- Under Basic Information, click Change next to the current email address.
- If you already have 2-Step Verification enabled, enter and confirm the new email address you’d like to associate with your Square account > Change.
- If you’re not already using 2-Step Verification, select whether you’d like a verification code sent to the current email address or your phone number > Next.
- Enter the verification code > Submit.
In case you don’t see the verification email in your inbox, check your spam folder or email filters. If you selected a phone number, make sure this number can receive SMS messages.
Note: Your email address is used to log in to your Square Dashboard and the Square app on your mobile device.
Edit Your Business Name
- Go to Account & Settings in your online Dashboard.
- Click Personal Information on the left side of the page.
- Update your information and click Save.
If you have up to three locations, you have the option to apply your business name to all of your locations when updating your business name. Click Update when changing your business name to have the updated name reflected across your locations, or press Skip if you do not want to have the updated business name reflected at all locations.
If you have four locations or more on your Square account, you will need to update each location individually. You can edit each location’s business name from the Locations section in your Account & Settings tab.
Note: Your business name appears on your customers’ receipts and credit card statements.
Edit Your Account Owner’s Name
Square currently does not allow sellers to change the Account Owner’s name. We are working on a solution and we regularly make improvements to our products based on seller feedback. Join the Seller Community to stay informed about new improvements.