Get Started with Square Feedback
Square Feedback is one part of our full suite of Customer Engagement features.
Manage Feedback Settings Online
Manage or disable your Feedback settings and notifications for each active location.
To manage your Feedback settings:
- Visit Customers in your online Square Dashboard > Settings > Feedback.
- To disable Feedback, toggle Collect feedback from your digital receipts off. You can also disable Feedback per location.
- Your selection will be automatically saved.
Email Notification Settings
To disable or enable your notifications when a customer leaves feedback:
- Head to Customers on your online Square Dashboard > Settings > Feedback.
- Under Feedback Notifications, enable or disable Receive customer feedback notifications for both Feedback and Direct Message recipients.
- If you’re enabling email notifications, click Edit to receive notification for All Feedback or Negative Feedback.
- By default, you’ll receive feedback notifications for all active locations. If you’d like to receive notifications for only some of your locations, click Select Locations, choose your locations and Save.
Note: If you disable Feedback, you’ll still be able to read and respond to older messages, and you can enable Feedback for your digital receipts at any time.
You can view and reply to customer feedback directly from your online Square Dashboard. When a customer provides feedback from a receipt, the feedback is associated with the payment in your sales history.
To view Feedback:
- Visit Customers in your online Square Dashboard > Feedback.
- Use the filters to narrow your feedback search or select All Feedback.
- Click a feedback thread to view your customer’s comments.
Your customers can choose satisfied (with a smiley face) or dissatisfied (with a frowny face) to describe their experience with your business.
Reply to Feedback
If customers consent to feedback replies, you’ll be able to follow up with them directly. To do so:
- Visit Feedback in your online Square Dashboard, select a feedback thread to see transaction information and your customer’s comment.
- Enter a message, send a promotional reward, or refund your customer. If your customer responds, you’ll receive an update.
Note: If the customer has not enabled replies to their feedback or has opted out of a conversation, you won’t be able to send them a reply or coupon.
Export Your Feedback
You’re able to export a complete or filtered report of your feedback to a spreadsheet .CSV file.
To do so:
- Sign in to the Feedback section of your online Square Dashboard.
- Select a date range and any filters you’d like to apply to your report.
- Click Export.
- Your feedback report will download to your computer as a .CSV file, at which point you can open it using your preferred spreadsheeting program.
This report will include:
- Date: The calendar date the feedback was left, reflected in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
- Time The time the feedback was left, reflected in a 24-hour time format in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
- Conversation ID: The unique identifier for the conversation. This can be used to find all feedback for a given conversation.
- Comment ID: The unique identifier for each piece of feedback within the conversation.
- Transaction ID: The unique identifier for the transaction associated with the feedback. This will always be set if the channel is a digital receipt.
- Customer ID: The unique identifier for customer who left feedback.
- Customer name: The name of the customer who left feedback.
- Customer Reference ID The reference ID set for the customer who left feedback. Reference IDs can be set for each customer in Customer Directory.
- Channel: Tells you where this feedback was submitted. For example, from a customer’s digital receipt or direct message.
- Location: Reflects which location this comment was submitted for. If your business only has one location, this field will remain blank.
- Author: Tells you if the comment was submitted by your customer or if it’s your response to them.
- Sentiment: Tells you if the piece of feedback was positive, negative or unknown. All comments where the customer selected the smiley face are positive, if the frowny face was selected it is negative. The sentiment will be unknown if the feedback did not come from a digital receipt.
- Facet: The area your customer has given you feedback on. For example, Customer Service, Environment, Quality, etc.. Note: Facet options displayed to your customer are determined by your business type.
- Comment: The full text of your customer’s comment.