If your customer or a payment card isn’t present, you can manually enter your customers’ card details to process payments with Square.
Steps to Manually Enter Payments From Your App
To accept payments on a supported device using Square Point of Sale without a reader:
- Ring up a transaction by adding items or entering custom amounts using the keypad.
- Tap Charge to process the payment.
- Tap Enter Card Number > enter the card number, expiration date and security code.
- Tap Charge.
- If you want to cancel the payment, tap the X in the upper-left corner to return to the previous screen.
Tap New Sale to take another payment.
Note: Change the quantity, add a description or remove an item by tapping it in your current sale.
Take a Payment with Virtual Terminal
You can process payments from your computer with Virtual Terminal:
- Log into your online Square Dashboard.
- In the left pane, navigate to Virtual Terminal > Take a Payment.
- Enter the payment details provided by your customer.
- Click Charge.
Once you see Payment Successful, you are all set and you can view your payment in your Dashboard Sales Report.
Learn more about accepting payments with Virtual Terminal.
Required Information for Manual Entry
We require all of the following details for transactions entered manually:
- Complete card number
- Expiration date
- Security code/CVV