Learn how to create, edit and manage items from the online Square Dashboard. You can also use Square to track your inventory.
Create Items Online
- Visit Items from your Square Dashboard and click Create Item at the top-right corner.
- Fill in the item details. If your item has a barcode, add the SKU or UPC in the SKU field.
If you’re adding an item image, we recommend the following image specs:
- High resolution
- PNG or JPG file format
- Dimensions that are square
- A size of 720x720 pixels
- Enable inventory management to view item stock counts and stock alerts.
- Click Save.
Note: If you are creating multiple items, you are able to upload your items in bulk using Square’s Import Tool.
Create Item Categories Online
Categories simplify your item library and sales reports.
- Log in to Categories in your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Create Category.
- Name your category (i.e. Drinks, Food, Jewellery).
- Click Assign Items and tick the box next to each item you wish to include.
Edit and Delete Items Online
- Log in to Items from your Square Dashboard.
- Click on the item you wish to edit.
- Make your changes and click Save.
- To delete the item, click the rubbish bin icon at the bottom of the page and click Delete Item.