To sign up for Square’s online payroll services in Kentucky, you must be registered with the Kentucky Department of Revenue and the Kentucky Division of Unemployment Insurance so we can pay and file your state taxes.
|Agency||Required Tax Information||Format|
|Kentucky Department of Revenue||Kentucky Withholding Tax Account Number||000000 (6 digits)|
|Kentucky Deposit Frequency||Semi-Monthly / Monthly / Quarterly / Annually|
|Kentucky Division of Unemployment Insurance||Kentucky UI Employer Account Number||00000000-0 or 00000000-0A (9 digits + 1 letter)|
|UI Tax Rate||X.XX%|
Kentucky Tax Account Numbers
Kentucky Withholding Tax Account Number and Deposit Frequency
- If you are a new business, register online with the KY Department of Revenue to retrieve your KY Withholding Tax Account Number and deposit frequency.
- If you already have a KY Withholding Tax Account Number and an assigned deposit frequency, you can find this online, or on any previous Form K-1 or K-3, or on correspondence from the KY Department of Revenue.
- If you are unsure, you can contact the KY Department of Revenue at 502-564-3306 or 502-564-7287.
Kentucky UI Employer Account Number and Tax Rates
- If you are a new business, register online with the KY Division of Unemployment Insurance to retrieve your account number and UI Tax Rate. The UI Tax Rate for most new employers is 2.70%.
- If you already have a KY UI Employer Account Number and UI Tax Rate, you can look these up online or find them on the Notice of Contribution Rate mailed by the KY Division of Unemployment Insurance. If you’re unsure, contact the agency at 502-564-2272 or visit their website.
Kentucky Payroll Tax Details
Square Payroll processes the following per the frequency below to the listed state agencies:
|Kentucky Department of Revenue||Withholding Tax Filing||After Every Pay Run|
|Employer's Return of Income Tax Withheld (K-1)||Semi Monthly / Monthly / Quarterly|
|Wage and Tax Statement (W-2)||Annually|
|Employer's Annual Return of Income Tax Withheld (K-3)||Annually|
|Kentucky Division of Unemployment Insurance||Employer's Quarterly Unemployment Wage and Tax Report (UI-3)||Quarterly|
|Kentucky New Hire Reporting Center||New Hire Report||As Needed|