North Dakota Employer Tax Information
To sign up for Square’s online payroll services in North Dakota, you must be registered with the North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner and Job Service North Dakota so we can pay and file your state taxes.
|Agency||Required Tax Information||Format|
|North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner||North Dakota Withholding Account Number||000000000 00 (11 digits)|
|North Dakota Filing Frequency||Monthly or Quarterly|
|Job Service North Dakota||North Dakota UI Account Number||0000000 (7 digits)|
|North Dakota UI Tax Rate||X.XX%|
North Dakota Tax Account Numbers
North Dakota Withholding Account Number and Filing Frequency
- If you are a new business, register online with the ND Office of State Tax Commissioner to retrieve your account number and filing frequency. You can also contact the agency at 701-328-1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The first 9 digits of your new account number will match your federal EIN.
- If you already have a North Dakota Withholding Account Number and filing frequency, you can find this on correspondence from the ND Office of State Tax Commissioner. If you’re unsure, contact the agency at 701-328-1248 or email@example.com.
- If you have been assigned an annual filing frequency for North Dakota withholding taxes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your account be updated to a quarterly filing frequency. We do not currently support filing and paying this tax on an annual basis.
North Dakota UI Account Number and Tax Rate
- If you are a new business, register online with Job Service North Dakota to retrieve your number and tax rate. The ND Unemployment Insurance Tax Rate for most new employers is 1.70%.
- If you already have a ND UI Account Number and tax rate, you can look this up online or find it on the Unemployment Insurance Tax Rate and Taxable Wage Base Notice mailed by Job Service North Dakota each year. If your account number is only 6 digits long, please add a zero to the beginning. If you’re unsure, contact the agency at 701-328-2825.
North Dakota Payroll Tax Details
Square Payroll processes the following per the frequency below to the listed state agencies:
|North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner||Withholding Tax Payment||Monthly / Quarterly|
|Wage and Tax Statement (W-2)||Annually|
|Job Service North Dakota||Employer's Contribution and Wage Report (SFN 41263)||Quarterly|
|North Dakota Department of Human Services||New Hire Report||As Needed|