To sign up for Square’s online payroll services in Mississippi, you must be registered with the Mississippi Department of Revenue and the Mississippi Department of Employment Security so we can pay and file your state taxes.
|Agency||Required Tax Information||Format|
|Mississippi Department of Revenue||Mississippi Withholding Account Number||0000-0000 (8 digits)|
|Mississippi Filing Frequency||Monthly, Quarterly, or Accelerated|
|Mississippi Department of Employment Security||Mississippi Employer Account Number||00-00000-0-00 (10 digits)|
|Mississippi Total Contribution Rate||X.X%|
Mississippi Tax Account Numbers
Mississippi Withholding Account Number and Filing Frequency
- If you are a new business, register online with the Mississippi Department of Revenue to retrieve your account number and filing frequency. Your filing frequency refers to the frequency at which you need to make withholding tax payments to the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
- If you are already registered with the Mississippi Department of Revenue,, you can find your account number and filing frequency online or on correspondence from the Mississippi Department of Revenue. Your Withholding Account Number will begin with 1.
- You can also retrieve your account number and filing frequency by contacting the agency at 601-923-7088.
Mississippi Employer Account Number
- If you are a new business, register online with the Mississippi Department of Employment Security.
- If you already have a Mississippi Employer Account Number, you can look this up online or find it on the Contribution Tax Rate Notice mailed by the Mississippi Department of Employment Security. You can also contact the agency at 601-923-7700.
Mississippi Payroll Tax Details
Square Payroll processes the following per the frequency below to the listed state agencies:
|Department of Revenue||Withholding Tax Payment||After Every Pay Run|
|Employer's Withholding Tax Return (89-105)||Monthly|
|Wage and Tax Statement (W-2)||Annually||Department of Employment Security||Unemployment Insurance Tax Payment||Quarterly|
|Employer's Quarterly Wage Report (UI-2/3)||Quarterly||Department of Human Services||New Hire Report||As Needed|