Charging and Powering Your Square Devices Safely
Square cables and wall chargers are tested thoroughly and adhere to government standards. To keep you safe and your devices working properly, we recommend you follow these guidelines:
- Always charge your Square products with the included cable and certified USB charging sources.
- Store your devices and cables in a safe place away from moisture, extreme temperatures, and debris as these can cause fire, electric shock, injury, or damage to your Square product.
- Always charge your devices in a dry environment away from all sources of moisture.
- Inspect your cables and devices for any damage or debris that could interfere with the proper performance of your Square products. If you see any debris or damage to a cable or any connectors, discontinue use and contact Square Support for a replacement.
- Make sure all connections are fully engaged before charging your device.
- Always plug and unplug your cables and chargers by holding onto the end of the cable.
- Keep the connectors free of foreign objects and debris.
- Always charge your device in a well-ventilated area.