Unsubscribe from Square for Retail without losing Employee Management
Follow these steps if you want to retain your Employee Management subscription after unsubscribing from Square for Retail.
- Log in to to Pricing & Services to unsubscribe from Square for Retail. Unsubscribing will cause all of your Employees to lose their roles and become unassigned (but don’t worry – it won’t deactivate them).
- Navigate to Employees > click into any Employee profile and re-assign their role > Save
(Note: this will reassign the same passcode as the employee had before you unsubscribed from Retail).
- After you’ve completed Step 2, you will be prompted to activate your Employee Management subscription. If you don’t have a payment method on file with Square, you’ll need to input card information to continue.
Note: You must follow Step 2 for all employees you wish to reactivate with your new Employee Management subscription.
If you’d like to resubscribe for Square for Retail, you can reactivate your account at any time from your online Square Dashboard.
To get started:
- Login to your Square account online > navigate to Account & Settings.
- Under the Business heading, select Pricing and Subscriptions .
- Locate Square for Retail > click Subscribe.
When you reactivate your account, all of your previous inventory and vendor information will be available.