Square’s online payroll service is the easiest way to pay your employees and contractors. We handle everything from employee and contractor direct deposit to making your tax payments and filings, at no extra cost. You’ll be up and running payroll in minutes with our easy setup.
Get Started in 3 steps:
Step 1: Gather your required business information:
- Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- State Employer Tax Information
- Legal business name, business type, and address (as registered with your EIN)
- Bank account number and routing number
- Employee and contractor email address (if you are enabling employee online accounts)
- Employee and contractor details:
- Physical mailing address
- Social Security Number
- Tax withholding information
Step 2: Go to squareup.com/payroll and click Get Started
- Enter the business information listed above.
- Select your pay schedule.
- Add your W-2 employees and/or 1099-MISC contractors to Square Payroll.
Step 3: Pay your employees and contractors.
Check out a full description of Square Payroll’s features to see how we can save you time and money paying your team!