Review these tips to troubleshoot your Bluetooth or USB bar code scanner.
Troubleshoot Bluetooth Bar Code Scanners
- Confirm you’re using an iPad with a Bluetooth scanner. Android devices aren’t supported at this time.
- Check that your scanner is fully charged.
- Make sure the scanner is paired to your iPad and not to another device.
- Check that Bluetooth is turned on within your iPad settings. If enabled, turn it off and back on.
You can also factory reset your Bluetooth bar code scanner. To do so:
- Turn on the bar code scanner.
- Press and hold the trigger button while pressing the power button. After 15 seconds, the scanner will beep.
- Release the trigger button. The scanner will beep 5 times and power off.
- Turn the scanner back on and scan the bar code below:
Troubleshoot USB Bar Code Scanners
- Check the USB connections of your bar code scanner by unplugging it from your Android or iOS device and plugging it back in.
If you’re using a bar code scanner with your iPad and Square Stand, find additional troubleshooting tips for USB hardware.
Note: If you are having trouble pulling up your onscreen keyboard, double click the power button on the scanner.