Square Point of Sale Beta for iOS
The Square Beta Program for iOS allows you to test-drive our newest features. As a Beta tester, you’ll get our latest code updates and help us improve the Square experience for everyone.
To run the Square Beta app, make sure you’re running iOS 9.0 or higher.
To get started, download the Square Point of Sale Beta app and let us know what features you’re most interested in seeing with Square, so we can enable early access on your account(s) to features already in Beta.
Note: Because some Beta features are in active development, they may not be available on every device or account.
Install the Beta App
To install the Beta app on your iOS device:
- Click the link on an iOS mobile device to download Testflight and the Square Point of Sale Beta app.
- Click View in App Store.
- Select Install to download Testflight.
- Accept to finish installation.
- Return to the beta link and Follow Step Two, click Start Testing.
- Select Install to download the Square POS Beta app.
- Open and Sign In.
Note: You will have to configure printers and location-based settings on the Beta app as they will not be transferred upon your first sign in.
The Square POS Beta app will be denoted by a red dot next to the app icon. Keep the App Store app downloaded in case you need to revert back.
If you notice a bug or issue with the Square Beta app or your mobile device, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure that both your mobile device and the app are up to date.
- Sign out and back into the app.
- Turn your mobile device off and on.
- Force quit the app on your device.
- Delete and reinstall the Beta application. See steps above for Install or Manually Update the Beta.
Note: If using Offline Mode, don’t delete and reinstall the app until all of your payments have been uploaded. Offline Payments will be permanently lost if the app is deleted before connecting to the internet.