Learn how to create, edit, and import items from the Square Dashboard. You can also use Square to track your inventory. Watch this introductory video to learn how to create items from your online Square Dashboard:
Create Items Online
- Visit Items from your online Square Dashboard and click Create Item at the top-right corner.
Fill in the item information. If your item has a bar code, add the SKU or UPC in the SKU field.
If you’re adding an item image, we recommend the following image specs:
- High resolution
- PNG or JPG file format
- Dimensions that are square
- A size of 720x720 pixels
- Enable inventory management to view item stock counts and stock alerts.
- Click Save.
Note: If you have multiple locations, you’ll first need to select an item, scroll to Inventory, select a location, click Go, and then follow the steps above.
Create Item Categories Online
Categories simplify your item library and sales reports.
- Log in to Categories from your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Create Category.
- Name your category (i.e. Drinks, Food, Jewelry).
- Click Assign Items and check the box next to each item you wish to include.
Delete Items Online
- Log in to Items from your online Square Dashboard.
- Click on the item you wish to delete.
- Click the trash can icon at the bottom of the page.
- Click Delete Item to confirm the change.
Import Items in Bulk
Create multiple items in one step with our item import tool. First, download our template:
- Visit Items > Import/Export.
- Click Import Items > Select import type.
- Click Download our template.
Once you’ve completed these steps, add your items to the template and save it. Make sure that the template is saved as a CSV (the item import tool won’t work with any other file types).
- Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
- Drag and drop your CSV file, or click Select it from your computer.
- Click Upload.
Items can also be managed directly from the Square app, or set up an Online Store to sell your items online.