Create Items Online
Visit Items from your online Square Dashboard and click Create Item at the top-right corner.
Note: All item creation and editing will display in a fullscreen window. To return to your Items, please select the X in the top left hand corner.
Fill in the item information.
If you’re adding an item image, we recommend the following image specs:
- High resolution
- PNG or JPG file format
- Dimensions that are square
- A size of 720x720 pixels
Fill in the variation information. If your item has a bar code, add the SKU or UPC in the SKU field.
Add single variations:
Add multiple variations:
You can add variations to an item by clicking Add Variations in the single variation view and Add / Remove Variations in the multi-variation view. This will open up the screen below allowing you to quickly add a new variation name, price, and SKU.
To edit the properties of a single variation, click on the variation row to open up variation editor.
Note on employee permissions: Employees are only able to edit variation prices at the locations where they have access. If the employee does not have access to a specific location, they are unable to update variation prices at that location.
Once you complete editing properties for the item, click Save.
Note: If you are creating multiple items, you are able to upload your items in bulk using Square’s Import Tool.
|Seller Community: Ask questions, get answers, and hear how other Square sellers are managing their item library.|
Create Item Categories Online
Categories simplify your item library and sales reports.
- Log in to Categories from your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Create Category.
- Name your category (i.e. Drinks, Food, Jewelry).
- Click Assign Items and check the box next to each item you wish to include.
Delete Items Online
- Log in to Items from your online Square Dashboard.
- Click on the item you wish to delete.
- Click the **Delete ** button in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Click Delete Item to confirm the change.