Create Items Online
Visit Items from your online Square Dashboard and click Create Item at the top-right corner.
Note: All item creation and editing will display in a fullscreen window. To return to your Items, please select the X in the top left hand corner.
Fill in the item information. If your item has a bar code, add the SKU or UPC in the SKU field.
If you’re adding an item image, we recommend the following image specs:
- High resolution
- PNG or JPG file format
- Dimensions that are square
- A size of 720x720 pixels
- Enable inventory management to view item stock counts and stock alerts.
- Click Save.
Note: If you are creating multiple items, you are able to upload your items in bulk using Square’s Import Tool.
|Seller Community: Ask questions, get answers, and hear how other Square sellers are managing their item library.|
Create Item Categories Online
Categories simplify your item library and sales reports.
- Log in to Categories from your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Create Category.
- Name your category (i.e. Drinks, Food, Jewelry).
- Click Assign Items and check the box next to each item you wish to include.
Delete Items Online
- Log in to Items from your online Square Dashboard.
- Click on the item you wish to delete.
- Click the **Delete ** button in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Click Delete Item to confirm the change.