Learn how to create, edit, and import items from the Square Dashboard. You can also use Square to track your inventory. Watch this introductory video to learn how to create items from your online Square Dashboard:
Create Items Online
- Visit Items from your online Square Dashboard and click Create Item at the top-right corner.
Fill in the item information. If your item has a bar code, add the SKU or UPC in the SKU field.
If you’re adding an item image, we recommend the following image specs:
- High resolution
- PNG or JPG file format
- Dimensions that are square
- A size of 720x720 pixels
- Enable inventory management to view item stock counts and stock alerts.
- Click Save.
Note: If you are creating multiple items, you are able to upload your items in bulk using Square’s Import Tool.
Create Item Categories Online
Categories simplify your item library and sales reports.
- Log in to Categories from your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Create Category.
- Name your category (i.e. Drinks, Food, Jewelry).
- Click Assign Items and check the box next to each item you wish to include.
Delete Items Online
- Log in to Items from your online Square Dashboard.
- Click on the item you wish to delete.
- Click the trash can icon at the bottom of the page.
- Click Delete Item to confirm the change.