Square Point of Sale on an iPad is compatible with a wide variety of third-party hardware accessories. Below, you’ll find a list of supported accessories, where to purchase them, and information on getting set up.
Receipt Printers with Ethernet Interface
Ethernet receipt printers can be used to print customer receipts, order tickets, and order ticket stubs. Ethernet-interface printers are best for stationary use, and aren’t designed to be mobile.
The Ethernet printers compatible with Square Point of Sale are thermal printers. They require heat-sensitive paper and won’t work with non-thermal receipt paper. These types of printers aren’t ideal for kitchens or high-temperature working areas.
- Star Micronics TSP143IIILAN
- Star Micronics TSP654SK
- Star Micronics TSP654II
- Epson TM-m10
- Epson TM-T20I
- Epson TM-U220
*Compatible with 80mm/3” receipt paper.
**Receipt and inventory label printing with MAXStick paper.
Bluetooth Receipt Printers
Bluetooth printers are mobile, and well-suited for businesses that don’t require fast or frequent printing.
- Star Micronics SM-S220i: 58mm/2” receipt paper
- Star Micronics SM-S230i
- Star Micronics SM-T300i: 80mm/3” receipt paper
- Star Micronics: TSP654II: 80 mm/3” receipt paper
- Epson TM-m10 Bluetooth Model: 80 mm/2” receipt paper
- Star Micronics mPop: Combination bluetooth receipt printer and cash drawer
Impact Kitchen Printer with Ethernet Interface
Impact printers only print order tickets for a kitchen. They’re not affected by heat and can withstand warm environments. They require heat-sensitive paper and won’t work with non-thermal, receipt printer paper.
- Star Micronics SP742ML: Ethernet interface impact printer with 80mm/2” receipt paper and impact ribbon
Bar Code and Label Printer
To create your own bar codes and labels, you’ll need to use a third-party application. At the moment, we don’t support bar code and label printers and can’t guarantee compatibility, but many customers have success using the DYMO Label Writer 450 and labels with Square.
A printer-driven cash drawer must be connected to an receipt printer to open automatically. Otherwise you’ll need to manually open the drawer using the cash drawer key. A USB cash drawer (requires Square Stand) will open automatically when connected.
- APG 16 inch USB Vasario Cash Drawer
- Star Micronics CD3 1616 Automatic Cash Drawer
- Star Micronics CD3 1313 Automatic Cash Drawer
- Heckler Design Windfall Automatic Cash Drawer
- Star Micronics SMD2-1617
- Star Micronics SMD2-1317