Update the App on an iOS Device
Download the latest version or update from the App Store on your mobile device using the following steps:
- Open the App Store > tap Updates in the lower-right corner.
- Tap Update All.
You’ll need your iTunes password in order to upgrade any app. If you forgot it, you can reset your iTunes password.
Note: You may be prompted to connect your device to Wi-Fi to complete the update.
Update the App on an Android Device
Update the Square app using Google Play
- Open Google Play > tap My games and apps.
- Locate and tap the Square app > Update.
Update the Square app using Amazon Appstore
- Open the Amazon Appstore.
- Go to My Updates from the bottom tab.
- Refresh the apps listed.
- Tap Update next to Square Point of Sale (POS).
Note: If you’re unable to download the Square app, your device may not be supported. Check to see if your device meets the required specifications for compatibility with Square.