Update Your App
To experience the best performance and to access new features from Square, download the latest version of the Square app:
Note Square for Retail and Square for Restaurants are not currently available for Android.
Update the App on an iOS Device
Download the latest version or update from the App Store on your mobile device using the following steps:
- Open the App Store > tap your profile icon.
- Scroll down to see pending updates.
- Tap Update All.
You’ll need your iTunes password in order to upgrade any app. If you forgot it, you can reset your iTunes password.
Note: You may be prompted to connect your device to Wi-Fi to complete the update.
Update the App on an Android Device
Update the Square app using Google Play
- Open Google Play > tap My games and apps.
- Locate and tap the Square app > Update.
Update the Square app using Amazon Appstore
- Open the Amazon Appstore.
- Go to My Updates from the bottom tab.
- Refresh the apps listed.
- Tap Update next to Square Point of Sale (POS).
Note: If you’re unable to download the Square app, your device may not be supported. Check to see if your device meets the required specifications for compatibility with Square.