Contractors must have their personal information completed before they can be paid. You can learn how to complete this information yourself in our Support Center.
- On the Overview tab of the Square Payroll dashboard, click New Contractor Payment.
Select your pay period dates.
Note: If you choose a pay period in a previous year, the payment will be included in the current year’s Form 1099-MISC.
- Choose your payment method. If you want to record a payment that has already been made or want to write checks for all contractors, choose Pay all Contractors by check.
- Select your employee(s) and enter their pay or hours worked.
- The Amount column can be used for any non-hourly compensation, such as flat rate payments.
- Your contractor’s gross pay will be reported in Box 7 of Form 1099-MISC (nonemployee compensation).
- Click Continue.
- Review the contractor payment details and click Confirm.
- Contractors paid by direct deposit will receive pay 4 business days after you send the payment.