Interested in transitioning your payroll services to Square Payroll? Our team makes it simple and easy to change providers, regardless of the time of year.
Transition in 3 steps:
Step 1: Gather your required business information
- Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- State Employer Tax Information
- Year-to-date (YTD) payroll report (don’t worry, we’ll transfer this information for you!)
- Mailing address and Social Security Number for former employees paid this year so we can generate their W-2s at the end of the year.
For a full list, visit Transition to Square Payroll.
Step 2: Go to www.squareup.com/payroll and click Get Started
- Enter the business information from above.
- Select your pay schedule.
- Add your employees.
- Add your year-to-date payroll records.
Step 3: Close your old payroll account
- Save all payroll and employee records.
- Instruct your prior provider to close your account and not make future filings – Square Payroll will take it from here!
For more info, read Close Your Old Payroll Account.
Curious what Square payroll can do for your business? Check out a full description of our offerings to see how Square Payroll can save you time and money paying your employees!