Connect Recommended Hardware to Square Stand
Square Stand makes it easy to connect compatible cash drawers, receipt printers and barcode scanners. To start, be sure your Square Stand is connected to the USB hardware hub and plugged into a power socket.
Connect Hardware to the Square Stand
USB cash drawers, receipt printers and barcode scanners can be plugged into the USB port of the Stand's hardware hub. the USB hub is the rectangular component that connects to the Stand and then to the power adapter.
For Square Stand (2nd Generation) only, the hardware hub is optional. If you do not want to use the hardware hub, simply remove it from the power cable and connect the USB-C power cable directly to the Stand and socket.
When a piece of hardware is properly connected, the Square app will give you confirmation. To test your connected hardware:
Tap More from the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen.
Tap Settings > Hardware.
Tap the hardware you’d like to test from the list (e.g. Cash Drawers, Printers).
From here, you’ll see the connected hardware.
Connect USB Hardware
To check the connection of your scale:
- To check the connection, open the Square Point of Sale app and tap the More button on the navigation bar.
- Tap Settings > Hardware > Scales.
- The connected scale should appear in the app menu as USB Scale. Keep in mind your Square Point of Sale app can only connect to one scale at a time.
To disconnect the scale, simply unplug the scale’s cable from your device.
Note: Brecknell 6700U is supported with the following Square Stands and cables:
- Square Stand (2nd generation) for iPad (2021, 2020, 2019), 10.5” iPad Air (2019), iPad Pro 10.5” –> USB cable required.
- Square Stand (2nd generation) for iPad (2021, 2020, 2019), 10.5” iPad Air (2019), iPad Pro 10.5” .
- Square Stand (1st generation) for iPad (2021, 2020, 2019), 10.5” iPad Air (2019), iPad Pro 10.5” –> USB cable required.
- Square Stand (1st generation) for iPad (2017, 2018), iPad Pro 9.7”, and iPad Air (1, 2) –> USB cable and Scale Adapter required.
Not sure which Square Stand model you have? Learn how to identify your Square Stand model.