Connect Recommended Hardware to Square Stand
The Square Stand for Magstripe makes it easy to connect compatible cash drawers, receipt printers and barcode scanners. To start, make sure your Square Stand is connected to the USB hardware hub and plugged into a power outlet.
Connect Hardware to the Square Stand
- Plug your supported USB cash drawer, receipt printer and/or barcode scanner into a USB port on the hardware hub. The hardware hub is the rectangular component that connects your Square Stand to the power adapter.
- When a piece of hardware is properly connected, the Square app will give you confirmation.
To test your cash drawer and receipt printer:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the hardware you’d like to test from the list (e.g., Cash Drawers, Printers).
From here, you’ll see the connected hardware.
Watch the following video to learn more about connecting a cash drawer to your Square Stand:
Learn more about connecting a receipt printer to your Square Stand:
Tips for Connecting Hardware to the Square Stand
- Your printer settings are tied to the USB port on the hardware hub where you initially connected the printer. If you unplug your receipt printer from the hub, make sure you take note of the port number for future reference.
- The cash drawer will open automatically after every cash payment when properly connected.
- You can also connect a Bluetooth barcode scanner to the Square Stand.
Troubleshoot the USB Barcode Scanner:
If the Motorola Symbol LS2208 barcode scanner is listed as “not compatible” when plugged in to your stand, reset the barcode scanner. To do so:
- Print the Motorola Quick Start Guide. This step is necessary for completing the remaining steps.
- Scan the barcode labelled ** HID KEYBOARD EMULATION** from the printed Motorola Quick Start Guide while the barcode scanner is plugged into the USB hub of the Square Stand.
- Unplug the barcode scanner and then plug it back into the Square Stand.