Connect Barcode Scanners to Square Point of Sale
Learn how to connect and troubleshoot supported barcode scanners with the Square Point of Sale.
Supported Barcode Scanners
USB Barcode Scanners are supported on iPads through the Square Stand, the Square Register or selected Android devices. If you are using an Android, your device must be running Android 5.0 software and support USB OTG (On-The-Go) or host mode. You’ll need a micro USB to USB adaptor to connect the scanner to your device.
- Zebra (Symbol) LS2208
- Zebra (Symbol) DS6707
- Honeywell Hyperion 1300G
- Honeywell Xenon 1900
- Honeywell Voyager 1200G
- Honeywell Voyager 1250G
- Socket Mobile 7Ci (Bluetooth)
Bluetooth Bar Scanners are currently only compatible with iPads.
Connect Your Barcode Scanner
To connect your bluetooth scanner to your iPad:
- Turn on Bluetooth from your iPad settings.
Tap: or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:
- Tap Settings > Hardware > Barcode Scanner > Connect Barcode Scanner.
- Turn on the barcode scanner by holding the power button (small button) on the scanner until you hear two beeps (low to high).
Scan the barcode below, or the barcode displayed on your Square Point of Sale screen, by holding the trigger button (large button) until you hear three beeps (low to high).
To get set up:
- Open the Square app on your device.
- Plug the Honeywell 1900 barcode scanner into your Android device using the adaptor.
- The app will notify you an accessory has been attached.
Unpair your Bluetooth Barcode Scanner
If you’d like to connect your Bluetooth Socket Mobile 7Ci to a different iPad, you’ll need to unpair the scanner from the current mobile device. To do so:
- Hold the trigger button (large button) and the Power button (small button) down together until you hear 3 beeps.
- Release both buttons.
To use the same barcode scanner with multiple devices, you have to delete Socket CHS from your iPad. Try the following tips:
- Go to your iPad settings and tap the barcode scanner from the list.
- Tap “Forget this Device” > OK.
- Then pair the scanner to a different iPad.
Troubleshoot Your Barcode Scanner
If you experience issues with your barcode scanner, try out the tips on our Barcode Troubleshooting article.