Connect Barcode Scanners to Square Point of Sale
Learn how to connect and troubleshoot supported barcode scanners with the Square Point of Sale.
Supported Barcode Scanners
Bacode scanners are supported on iPads or selected Android devices with USB. If you are using an Android, your device must be running Android 5.0 software and support USB OTG (On-The-Go) or host mode. You’ll need a micro USB to USB adaptor to connect the scanner to your device.
- Honeywell 1300G
- Honeywell 1900G Imager
- Honeywell Voyager 1200G
- Socket Mobile 7Ci (Bluetooth)
Bluetooth Bar Scanners are currently only compatible with iPads.
Connect Your Barcode Scanner
To connect your bluetooth scanner to your iPad:
- Turn on Bluetooth from your iPad settings.
Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner to navigate to the menu or the down arrow at the top of the Square Point of Sale.
- Tap Settings > Hardware > Barcode Scanner > Connect Barcode Scanner.
- Turn on the barcode scanner by holding the power button (small button) on the scanner until you hear two beeps (low to high).
Scan the barcode below or the barcode displayed on your Square Point of Sale screen by holding the trigger button (large button) until you hear three beeps (low to high).
To get set up:
- Open the Square app on your device.
- Plug your barcode scanner into the Accessory Hub of your Square Hardware or into your Android device using an on-the-go (OTG) adaptor.
- The app will notify you an accessory has been attached.
Unpair your Bluetooth Barcode Scanner
If you’d like to connect your barcode scanner to a different iPad, you’ll need to unpair the scanner first. To do so:
- Hold the trigger button (large button) and the Power button (small button) down together until you hear 3 beeps.
- Release both buttons.
Troubleshoot Your Barcode Scanner
If you experience issues with your barcode scanner, try out the tips on our Barcode Troubleshooting article.