Manage Devices by Location
Device Codes can pair a phone or tablet to a specific location, allowing for device-level reporting. Device Codes cannot be used to access your online Square Dashboard or account settings.
When you create a Device Code for the first time, you’ll be asked to assign the device to a specific location. You can create and manage locations anytime from your dashboard.
Using Device Codes
- From Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard, click Devices.
- Click Create Device.
- Enter a Nickname and click Create to generate your code.
- Choose to send your code via email or phone number and tap Send.
- Open the Square app on your mobile device and tap Sign In.
- Tap “Use a Device Code” and enter the code.
The device status in your dashboard should say Active.
If you have team members, they can clock in with their personal passcode and will have permissions based on their permission group.
Note: If not used within 48 hours, a device code will expire and you’ll need to reset it to sign in to the Square app.
Reset or Deactivate a Device Code
If your device is misplaced or stolen, you can reset your device code from Devices in your online Square Dashboard. To do so:
- Click the device to reset or deactivate.
- Click Reset Device Login or Deactivate and confirm your request.
- If you reset, you’ll be given a new device code.